Yamaha engine trouble

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ROTORHEAD
Site Sponsor

Yamaha engine trouble

Post by ROTORHEAD »

This is a follow-up to my post the other day about my engine failing while 16 miles offshore. As it turns out, there was only one tooth missing from the lower gear but that caused the tremendous noise and vibration. When Yamaha was contacted, the shop informed them that it would be an easy rebuild. Yamaha says, no way. The motor was new and we will send a complete and brand new lower unit and gears. There was also a recall on the throttle cables which they sent also. I should be ready to go tomorrow morning. I sure feel better knowing that Yamaha insisted on me having an all new foot instead of rebuilding. A big thumbs up for Yamaha and the reputation that they insist on keeping!!!!!
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Excellent! :thumbup:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:thumbup:
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Glad to hear it,cuz I've got a 4 stroke also. :thumbup:
dogonenuts

How many horses and what year for the recall?

Post by dogonenuts »

I have a 2004 F150. I have had no problem except the throttle cable was loose so I could not get the top end rpms until I had them tightened.

Nuts
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

You can't beat a Yammie!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

That's sure good to hear. Thanks for taking the time to share the experience with us. (I'm driven by a Yamaha as well!)
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
BKTomblin Jr

Post by BKTomblin Jr »

:thumbup: Im glad to hear Yamaha"s accountability, standing by its product. My next buy will be a Yamaha (4 stroke) isn't it a four year warranty ?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Sir reel wrote: (I'm driven by a Yamaha as well!)
I thought it was the frying pan your wife held over your head... :o :lol:

Yamaha... :thumbup: :thumbup:
ROTORHEAD
Site Sponsor

warranty

Post by ROTORHEAD »

Actually, the Yamaha comes with a three year warranty. However, just after I bought the boat, Yamaha sent me a note in the mail and said if I would fill out the card and return it, they would give me an additional 3 years warranty. I sent it in and they sent me another 3 years of full warranty for an incredible 6 years of warranty. I think that's mighty awesome.
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I am glad to hear someone still has good customer service. :thumbup:
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Wish they cared about their trim units as much as they do their engines, there the worst trims on the market :thumbdown: Anyone else have problems with theirs?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

They just had to replace my T&T last year "2002 model" :smt011 but at least it was under warranty still :thumbup: They really need to fix the leak-down problem on them :beer: