Econfina 3-16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Econfina 3-16

Post by wevans »

WELL, me,two nephews and a good friend tried it today "for the first time for al of us" :o We only hit one rock a piece and did no damage :D THAT PLACE IS SCARY :evil: I made it out of the mouth and into a LITTLE deeper water, my nephew was determined ta take his boat strait towards Rock Island and ended up stuck on the flats with about a dozen others wanting ta do the same thing :lol: My bud and I fished 3 ta 4 foot of water waiting on them ta find some water and catch up to us :roll: That took about an hour, then we just moved around out in the flats, fished from 3 to 7 foot with most of our catch coming in 5 ta 6 foot. Hyper Grub was almost usless today, they only wanted anything with a red tail "the water was very stained", red tailed shrimp or grub tiped with FishBites was the only way we caught the 5 "barely" keepers today :-? Our total catch for today was probably around 30 for both boats :( I did hear Tom holler for me once but could not raise him once I got over to the radio "I actually had a fish on at that time" :D After today, I think I'll bring along my filet knife for the Battle next weekend 8)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

we only need to watch out for SeaTrout, he's the only pre-fishing. :wink:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Dang, we need a thumbs up over here to 8)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Image But we knew you were all thumbs anyway... :-? :lol:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Weavans, you hit it right on the nose, scary. :o Ole Chalk and me left most of his skeg somewhere in the middle of the channel in that deep part where it was 2 foot on our way out Friday morning. We never went anywhere near Rock Isl. Hit that 5 foot mark, they'd turn to dinks or barley 15 inches. Don't think I could get my boat out of the river on low tide. Great fishing there though.
Semper Fi