In need of scallop help - St. Marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CrispyFishin

In need of scallop help - St. Marks

Post by CrispyFishin »

We will be going down on Saturday to recon scallops around St. Marks, while squeezing in some fishing and other fun along the way. My wife is a scallop addict and my little one (who is five) is convinced that she has to save any shell that is alive.

Has anyone seen any? Or, does anyone have references (or better yet, numbers) to areas of past success? I don't wanna see those looks if I can't put my ladies on bivalves when the season opens up :smt010 :smt009 :smt009 :smt010

East or west of the LH is fine, just keep me clear of rocks, I'm real new to the area and really don't wanna find bars and rocks the hardway! Thanks! :thumbup:
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

I have not heard of anyone picking up many scallops in the St Marks area in a while, maybe a few here and there but not many. :( I hope you come across some, it would be nice to have them here again.
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D To put them on scallops your going to have to go to Keaton or Steinhatchee. :-D