Keaton Beach 03/23/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Keaton Beach 03/23/03

Post by CSMarine »

Left Keaton Beach ramp at 7:20 am. The sky was overcast. Wind was calm, and the sea was slick. The water was extremly dark, and for the first time I've seen it, the flats have logs and stumps floating everywhere. Running is very dangerous. Water temp at 1:00 pm was 70 degrees. Ran up to Yates Creek and started. Like the day before, lots and lots of shorts. Ended the day at 2:00 pm, with only one 16 inch keeper trout. Still, another fine day on the water with my two grandsons. So I ain't complaining.
Semper Fi
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

At least you had a good time out there. Where all the wood coming from. :-?
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

I did have a good time. I would guess the floaters on the flats came from the flooded rivers and creeks. It's been a long time since I've seen this much standing water in the Big Bend. It's also been a long time since I've seen this much water in the rivers, creeks and the coastal swamps. I'd guess some of this stuff floated off from land that has been dry for years.
Semper Fi