Spring Warrior 3/22/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Spring Warrior 3/22/03

Post by CSMarine »

Left Keaton Beach ramp at 7:15. Tide was almost out, but still lots of water in the canal. Ran to mouth of Spring Warrior. Fished from bank to up to 6 foot, all the way back to Dekle Beach. Fed them every thing I could think of. SOS, caught lots of shorts. I have never seen the water in this area so dark. Ended the day at 3:30 pm, with 3 keeper trout and 1 spanish about 22 inches long. :cry: Big let down not seeing my two grandsons catch much, but we had a great time taking in the sights. :)
Semper Fi
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Yep the water out of Ikky was just as dark but we were able to find a few fish. Fished from 3 - 6 feet.

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

ds, what day were you there? I tried to raise you Sat. Too far SOUTH on Sunday, way down by Piney Point. Looks like a good box full. Did good.
Semper Fi
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

We were in Ikky on Staurday, around rock island.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Alright, Dstockwell who took the whoopin, you or the fish? :lol: I took a wind beat'n whoop'n Friday. :)
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Did you have your radio on Sat. morning? Should have been able to raise you.
Semper Fi
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

CS

I had the radio on, but was moving around alot. Catch a few move, etc, etc. I can not here the radio well when I'am moving. :o I got one of cheasy 3 ft whip, so I can hear farther than I can talk. I got to get another.

Chalk

It was tough going out there, afternoon I found nota, so went in around 1300. Wind kicked up around 1200.