St. Marks 7/8/06

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CrispyFishin

St. Marks 7/8/06

Post by CrispyFishin »

Did anyone else notice that the wind was out of the EAST and that it was STRONG?! :evil:

We're out of the fort at 7am with ambitious plans of covering lots of ground, even running to Ochlockonee Shoals. It would not be so.

The river was deceptively calm; but the truth was revealed on the flats. 2 to 3 miles off in 8 or 9 feet and we were in waves that were just about 2 to 3 feet. It was hard to get anything to work under a CT without weight. We weren't drifiting bait, we were skiing it. :smt011

We finally conceded and moved just off the lighthouse where we lucked up on one keeper :lick: and burned through a bag of Haw River Motor Oil colored grubs (that we bounced on small jigs). The tails we went through would make you think they know where the tail ends and hook begins! We covered water at a record pace with a strong pushing wind, that was still howling when we headed for home at 12 noon.

Anyone conquer the wind and whip the fish out there today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Beat cutting grass, cleaning the pool and buying palm trees like I did :hammer:

Keep after them CF :thumbup: :thumbup:
2true

Post by 2true »

Or twisting my ankle like I did................................. :smt013
Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfish Jim »

:thumbup:
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

2true wrote:Or twisting my ankle like I did................................. :smt013
ouch!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Or staying home like I did.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

All I caught was a 3lb sail cat on a Mirrominnow, and lost two spoons to something toothy.