PSJ Scallops & Karma at the Ramp

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Littoral

PSJ Scallops & Karma at the Ramp

Post by Littoral »

A decent day scalloping in St Joe Bay. They were easy to find. Didn't fish because there's no way I would have risked fishing with the "individual" I was with. As it was he managed to make scalloping dangerous :smt009 .
A special moment happened at the ramp though. I'd borrowed my brother in laws truck & boat & on the approach to the ramp at the City Pier some fool cut me off to get in line a head of me. I raised both arms to protest. He copied the gesture & then it was up to me to decide whether or not to take it farther. I was pissed because I was in the channel and had to back off when he cut across the bar. I reminded myself that I'm grown up these days, but it wasn't easy. He (actually they, 4 young brats), got in line first & I tied off further back. Just when I was about to head for the truck I heard my brother in law calling me from the parking lot. Seems he was there & saw me coming. There he was, already backing down the trailer.
I smile real big :D .
Then I get ease right on by Mr Idiot.
His look was priceless. I gave him a friendly little wave as I passed. Karma Krama Karma :D :D :D
Last edited by Littoral on July 18th, 2006, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

That is simply PRICLESS :thumbup: :beer:
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

Sometimes the nice ones finish first WTG :thumbup:
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Well it worked out good for you. But with so many people at the ramps these days, its easy to get crossed. I've no doubt one day soon I'll see a fight at a boat ramp because of such stuff as you just described.
Bakertize
Site Sponsor

Post by Bakertize »

way to keep your composure :thumbup: :thumbup:
karma is always there waiting !! ;-)
glad you got a good mess of scallops. nice size to them ?
I should plan a trip soon I'm on my way to pick up the pontoon boat from the shop today. :-D
Robert Baker
TnT Hide-a-way inc.
http://www.tnthideaway.com
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

very good :thumbup:
FUTCHCAIRO

RAMP ASSES

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

IT IS AMAZING WHAT TRASH LIKE THAT WILL DO WHEN YA STRAP ON THAT .44 MAG. WITH THE 6" BARREL, THEY SCATTER LIKE QUAIL.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
FUTCHCAIRO
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Boaters on SJB are the worst, particularly during scallop season. Glad it worked out well for you in the end. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

I too was on St. Joe this weekend. Couldn't believe some of the stuff I saw. I was out with my fiance, another couple, and 5th. People would go between the scallopers on plane at 20 MPH +. And you have all seen how closely the scallopers cluster. I thought for sure a snorkler was going to get tagged.

I also found it amazing how many people could not launch a boat a Presnell's. People with really nice boats (Hewes, Mavricks, and Pathfinders) were hitting curbs, knocking wheel wells off of trailers against the dock, submerging tailers. Every launch was a comedy. The paradox that always comes back to me arose again, "what kind of jobs can these idiots maintain that allows them to buy these expensive boats, and where can I find one?"

Scalloping and fishing were decent though. No limits of either, but there were enough scallops to keep me interested, plenty of trout, even caught a pompano.

Good work on staying calm Lit. Not always easy, but usually correct.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

When we came on the 3rd, some drunk in front of us was dead set on shoving his trailer under the dock. When his buddy finally jumped out of the boat and banged on his window, he was indignant and wanted to know what the fuss was.

Lord help us all!
captainspride
Site Sponsor

Post by captainspride »

OH,so true is the Evinrude commercial with the guy trying to launch the boat.But you see it on every ramp and I believe some of the attitudes are alcohol induced.
GOD does not deduct the days spent fishing from ones life