Black Sea Bass near Keaton or Steinhatchie

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Kdaw

Black Sea Bass near Keaton or Steinhatchie

Post by Kdaw »

Has anyone been catching any sea bass around Keaton or Steinhatchie? If so I would love a heads up on the depth and any other info that would be helpful. I am taking my two kids down Sat. and would like for them to realy have some fun and get wore out from fishing.

Thanks for any help

Kevin
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I would try around 25' with squid or Fishbites. If possible run to 30' or deeper for the real big ones.
Kdaw

Post by Kdaw »

That is where I found them today. I started fishing around 22 ft today and went out to 40. I wanted to try some grouper fishing while I had the chance to be out that far but I had a friend with me and it was his first trip on a boat so the day was not all that long. We did luck out on a nice little King. It went 14lbs and was quit fun getting it in the boat. I don't have a gaff but that is next on my list after today.

Thanks

Kevin