Keaton 4/4/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fish_n_grits

Keaton 4/4/03

Post by fish_n_grits »

Went out Fri. 4/4 out of Keaton from 12:30pm - 3:30pm the water temp. was 74' wind blowing to the NE at 8-10 knots and fished in water 5'-7' deep. Started just N of the Keaton bird racks and floated almost to Jug Island. Caught 6 keeper Trout which avg. 18" and released approx. 20 shorts. Fished with a 4" Fire Tiger and 4" Space Guppy grub underneath a Cajun Thunder with about a 2 1/2' leader. Had more strikes in the darker deeper water than in the brackish colored 4'-5' water. One Trout went 26" and weighed 6 lbs. 14oz. Was a beautiful day for fishing and hopefully this info will help someone catch some supper.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good report Fish_n_grits. You were fishing my favorite area. I sure wanted and planned to be there Friday, just didn't work out. Starting the 18th of April I'll be at Keaton for 10 days straight. 8)
Semper Fi
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Nice.. Way to go.