Econfina 04/05/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Econfina 04/05/03

Post by Sir reel »

Launched at 8am. Partner from work and I fished the first hour and more with no action. Saw lots of boats gathered around the islands. Changed locations and direction. Started catch'n 19 incher's (about 10 am) and they were hungry. Most of them took the jig very deep in their throat. fortunately there were very few shorts which was a welcomed change from past weeks. :D We both limited out by noon and headed home. :D :D I did manage to "back" into something trying to line up my boat to get onto the trailer and I'm looking for a prop this morning. You sure don't have to be going any speed at all when you "back into" an obstacle :oops: No protection at all from the lower unit/skeg when you do it that way :roll:

After reading this post it occurred to me that I really didn't share enough information. When we changed location...we turned West and took up a position just off the Aucilla River in about 7 foot of water. Two weeks ago it seemed that we needed to use just jigs but the past Saturday CT's with about a 2 ft leader was what worked. Salt water Assisn's space guppy (yellow) underneath. Drifted from the 7ft into 4ft and then went back to 7ft again. It may be my imagination, but it seemed like we could see the fish when they were fight'n a bit further out meaning the water may be clearing up just a little. Also, they sure had lots of roe and it didn't appear that it would be much longer before they got rid of it.
Last edited by Sir reel on April 7th, 2003, 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Way to go..
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good catch Sir Reel, sounds like a perfect day of fishing on the Gulf. Minus the prop damage of course. :roll:
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Sir Reel, great catch! Sorry about the prop :( , there is a boulder straight out from the launch at Econfina, during extremely low tides you can see the beast. A friend of mine did about 1Ks worth of damage to the foot of his skeeter on it a few years back.

Speaking of which, CSMarine, me and the boat doctor are going to have words or more :evil:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

CHALK, Don't kill the boat doctor! :o We may need him later. What did he do or didn't do?
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

You have mail -------->