high winds

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ragansm1

high winds

Post by ragansm1 »

Plan on trying to fish tomorrow even though the winds will be pretty high. Any suggestions as to how I should fish? With a CT it is hard to teel when a bite has happened. Is jigging the bottom the best way to go. Don't get to go to often so have to fish when I can. Better then going to work though.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I use a CT quite a bit when the wind is blowing. The cork is a visual indication of a bite. Even with a slack line you can see the cork go down.
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

And many times the rough seas help keep the jig bouncin around for ya and will incurage a strike :D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

Fish 'em both ways. Whatever starts catching fish first, stick with it. Even if I am fishing on bottom I will let a CT trail behind the boat.