Aucilla 8-14

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Aucilla 8-14

Post by DixieReb »

Well, we tried it again. Like the rest of you say, it's plenty hot down there right now. I should be getting used to it. :roll: We started about 8 am, tide falling and got into small trout at the tripod, got 6 of these and lost some big critter, buddy lost his blue bomber long A :smt010 Had to be a red, never saw him. Drifted straight out and got 2 good trout and a cutoff. About 9 am went and fished 2 bars, got 1 keeper red and a 16'' throwback red. The tide was really fall'in after then, so we limped back over in front of the river, got into 3 ft. about a mile out and got another keeper red. Saw a small school of 'em and cast in the middle of it. By this time it was HOT. No breeze and only junk fish biting. Went way out into 9-10 ft. and got 20'' trout, big sailcat, some small black bass and a 3 ft. shark. He went on ice after cleaning. Finished the day in front of first pole in 3 ft. and got another good trout and a big jack crevalle. He pulled like a mule but he aint worth nothing. Ended up with 4 good trout, 2 reds 18'' each and big shark. Nice mess of fish. 3 other boats went out with us and they all did about like us, minus the shark. I bet we caught 10 or 12 different species of fish, something bit all day and it sure wasn't dull. Just hot. Went in at 3 pm, tide low and rising. We didn't hit anything going in but 2 of the boats did, one lost a chunk of his skeg. :smt010 Can't wait to go again, hope it cools off before then. :smt004
Yours in the South
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Not bad, DR. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

When I had a godevil motor I fished Aucilla with NO FEAR.... :D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Short Strike
Site Sponsor

Post by Short Strike »

Hay DR,
Good report. Y'all done good!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
--Doug Larson
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

Not a bad day! :thumbup:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I would have played the tides the same way..
Good Job DixieR :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.