Labor Day Weekend Ideas?

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Littoral

Labor Day Weekend Ideas?

Post by Littoral »

The wife & kids will be out of town so I can fish whenever. I haven't been out much lately so any suggestions as to where to go would be appreciated. I'd welcome some company as well so if somebody wants to do something let's go.
Exclude Sat from noon on, of course. :D
abcarias

How about a one day red fish tournement?

Post by abcarias »

How about a one day red fish tournement? Everyone kicks in 10 and largest legal red takes all. But Jeff has to spot us all 6" since he is so good at catching them.
¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Which Jeff? And I'm up for it, always. How about somebody showing us how to fishing Wakulla Beach.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

...are redfish the ones with spots on the tail?
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

jsuber wrote:
How about somebody showing us how to fishing Wakulla Beach.
Now there's an idea! Actually BlueDrifter, Bakertize, Charles, and Litt are all pretty knowledgeable about that area, as I recall.

Littoral

Post by Littoral »

If somebody could freaking find the link I did a couple years ago... :smt012 I did an extensive post with images and graphics that mapped a complete tour of that "bay". I haven't been able to find it here & I've searched 8-10 different ways.
Help?
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

C'mon Litt,
You need to be paying closer attention! I put up the link to your post about Wakulla Beach several months back--on 5 April 2006, to be exact when we were all planning a trip there. If we're talking about the same post, here it is again-dates back to 3 November 2004 when you originally posted it.
Cheers,
Dick

P.S. I should add that Litt's post below re Wakulla Beach is probably the best one that I have seen on how to fish that area.

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpbb/vie ... ulla+beach

Last edited by Apalach on August 30th, 2006, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

:-D
Thank you sir.
This time I saved the link elsewhere. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

jsuber wrote: How about somebody showing us how to fishing Wakulla Beach.
Jsuber, in case you missed the above conversation, follow this thread down a bit and you'll find my thoughts on Wakulla Beach (Goose Creek Bay).
http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpbb/vie ... ulla+beach
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Just an FYI, guys. Goose Creek Bay is as nasty as I've ever seen it. Maybe 8" visibikity, and clumpy stuff floating everywhere.
What was I supposed to do today?
abcarias

Does anyone know where the bait is right now?

Post by abcarias »

Is there any reason why St Marks Lighthouse wouldnt be a good place to meet up? There are always fish in that area. Jsuber has been fishing a lot lately. Where would you suggest the action is? I know it changes weekly. We all know where there is bait there will be game fish. Alligator Harbor bait is not as prevalent as it was a month ago for some reason. Still, its a great place to fish (protected). Id just like to fish somewhere where there is not a lot of floating grass in the water. - Thanks to Tin Can for the heads up!!!
¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>
kneeknocker

Post by kneeknocker »

If you get out towards Patty's island does it clear up at all?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Unfortunately, the fishing will probably pick up in about two to three weeks. Right now I've had to work pretty hard to catch fish, and its not fun. I have to make one to two hundred cast to catch one fish, and thats a tough day. I thought going out of Wakulla Beach would be easy for everyone, but the the lighthouse area does have a diverse group of fish. I would say the light house area, back toward the east river would be our best bet. Only because I lack familiarty with the east side of Goose Creek Bay. Whatever ya'll decide will be okay with me, I'll be fishing anyway. It would be a good opportunity to see each others Kayaks, and learn a little something about each other.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

I was concerned about Goose Bay in August so I appreciate TC's confirmation.
I'm good for the light house.
The issue right now is water temp (O2!) & jsuber's suggestion (east) does offer some deeper water & that should help. I'd like to do first light for 3-4 hours anyday(s), Sat, Sun, Mon.
...freelined white baits & jigs off the end of the bars...?
Topwater first, of course.
abcarias

Im pretty sure I can be there any day so.......

Post by abcarias »

Im pretty sure I can be there any morning so....... let me know when and where if you want me to join you.