Dove Hunting Lease

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cygraphics
Site Sponsor

Dove Hunting Lease

Post by cygraphics »

Looking for a few openings in a dove lease. If anyone out there is in a club or group and has a few spots, please let me know. If your are a land owner and have some birds we would be interested as well.

Thanks,
Chris
Travis Lackey

Post by Travis Lackey »

I'm having the same problem, need a place to hunt doves..... :cry:
OG

Joe Bud

Post by OG »

I've never hunted at Joe Budd but I was told that they never have "enough" folks to keep the birds flying out there. I went and rode it this past Sat morning and I can see why....there is a field planted about every 100 yards! Some fields looked better than others and I did see a 'few' birds. Looks like I'll be out there Oct 7th!
BlindHog

Post by BlindHog »

Same thing, here. Looking for hunting, willing to pay, since that seems what we are reduced to doing. If any of you three find a solution, please PM, I will do same.

Have hunted Joe Budd 3-4 times, never got more than 2 birds. Might try it tomorrow anyway -- this weather has me antsy. It is true sometimes that more hunters would help kepp birds moving, but more true that birds were scarce when I was there.
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...
BlindHog

Post by BlindHog »

Funny thing, we were talking about not having ENOUGH hunters at Joe Budd to keep birds moving. I went Sat and it was PACKED. Only one of the three fields had any birds to speak of. I couldnt even get on it, but could hear it from the one right next to it. People were leaving for fear of their safety.

A bird or birds (couldnt see, could only hear) would fly in and BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM. Not kidding sometimes, 15 shots in 5 seconds. Sounded like they were right on top of each other.

When I gave up at 6PM (without having fired a shot) there were about 15-20 birds logged at the check station, "high man" had 4. I think the attendant said 60 or more had checked in to hunt. So that's about .3 birds per man at best.
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...