The Hobie Outback for 2007

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalach
Site Sponsor

The Hobie Outback for 2007

Post by Apalach »

Improved? Definitely! But mebbe not so much, depending on your size and weight. For several years now, there has been a pretty constant stream of questions online about whether the Outback or the Sport are the best for certain-sized individuals? Up until this year my standard answer has been that the OB, because of its deep keel and wide lateral sponsons, is best for folks that weigh (including gear) over about 200 lbs and are over about 6 feet in height. Without this amount of weight, the OB just does not sit deeply enough in the water for its lateral sponsons to be well supported by the drink. Thus, to many smaller-sized folks, the OB has generally seemed “tippy.â€
abcarias

Another great report by Apalach!

Post by abcarias »

I went by Wilderness Way after fishing today and saw the new yaks after your last report. Love that Revo. They said that Apalach was at least in part responsible for naming that yak. We have a celebrity among us guys.
¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>
RonHarrison
Site Sponsor

Post by RonHarrison »

The Revo is a nice boat and will end up being Hobie's most popular fishing kayak.

SeaSalt from the KFS forums was actually the person that recommended the Revolution name in a forum post and, I think, got a free Revolution out of the deal.

However, Apalach and a lot of other folks on the KFS forums seemed to have some input into the design that was gleened from those forums.

:thumbup:
Ron Harrison
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 Hobie Outback Rigging Photo Album @ http://www.nettally.com/rharri/riggingredirect.htm .