Headed to Keaton Beach

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Headed to Keaton Beach

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Hey fellas, already put in a hard morning of work adn I'm hooking up the boat and heading to Keaton. My dad and I are going to try and find the elusive red fish (as my wife calls them). I'll post the results Sunday night or Monday morning. See ya
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Good luck. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Headed to Keaton Beach

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Well, dad and I got on the water about 4:00 to fish a little bit of the falling tide Sat. He had caught a few trout and nice red fish over around Spring Warior last weekend, so we head that way. We started a drift and picked up one 20" red (dad's) and seven short trout. I hooked something but got broke off shortly after setting the hook. :smt013 I don't think he even knew I was there.
Sunday, on the water about 7:30, head back north. Catch a few short trout, lizzard fish and puffers. We headed up a little farther out trying to find deeper water. Start a drift in 3.5-4 ft, nice 22" red goes in the cooler (mine). That's when we should have left, nothing else all day, execpt the visit with a man in a grey boat. Reds caught on Gulp! in nuclear chicken and lime tiger under CTs. We tried white, molting, new penny and the hrimp cocktail in orange glow to no avail. Water temp hung around 83 all day.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:thumbup: Not bad at all.
GULP! free since 1970.