Econfina 9-30

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

catchin1

Econfina 9-30

Post by catchin1 »

At the ramp at daylight, still had to wait in line , read Welby's report couldn't have been far behind him. Hit the mouth of the river sun just starting to come up. Man that's a wonderful site. Head west, the tides up so I'm gonna go straight to my newest favor-est, Red hole, from here on to be referred to as "Crisco" cuz she'll do you proud ever time. :-D On the way in I notice a boat already in the vicinity, as we get closer its boat working the grass line on a path to my spot. There not there yet, but it would be questionable to try to beat them there. I tell my wife "I'm not gonna go in there cuz I really wouldn't want anyone to do me that way even tho its not that close". So we stop and start a drift. We fish for about 15 minutes and then I notice the other boat gets right to Crisco and then cranks up and leaves :o . So in we go, in about 15 minutes after that we have 3 good keeper reds in the boat. I told my wife "thats our reward for being courtiers first". Redfished a while longer then moved out on the flats. Must have missed the trout bite again, only had 1 trout but he was 23". Fishing was slow we stayed with it all day and had the 1 trout. Water temp was 70 then moves up to 75 by afternoon. Got burnt but still we had enough for supper.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :beer: Well, at least ya got a couple of good-uns before you left. Nice trout. We had to stay with 'em all day Thursday and they were scattered. But we got no reds. :x
Yours in the South
Sea Sea Rider

Post by Sea Sea Rider »

If everyone would just show as much courtesy, what a beautiful world it would be.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Good job Catchin1 :thumbup: :thumbup:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Good Karma for you Catchin. Glad ya'll got a few. :thumbup: :thumbup:

No pics? :wink:
GULP! free since 1970.
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

birddog wrote:
Thats another story. Landed the first red , broke out the camera and the batteries were dead. Poor excuse and preperation but that's how it went. :roll:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Good deal, Catchin. Thanks for being curteous. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

catchin1 wrote:
birddog wrote:
Thats another story. Landed the first red , broke out the camera and the batteries were dead. Poor excuse and preperation but that's how it went. :roll:
I've done the same thing.
GULP! free since 1970.
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

birddog wrote:
catchin1 wrote:
birddog wrote:
I've done the same thing.
I've done it enough that I now carry batteries in my tacklebox/truck/travel kit/etc
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Hey Catchin1,
I took some pics of that sunrise with my 35mm camera. I was at the end of a roll so I'll take them to be developed today then post them. It was awsome....
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

:thumbup:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Good catch Catchin1. :thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
skeeter22

Post by skeeter22 »

You did'nt get a picture of my tore off skeg did you :smt010
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

I keep the batteries charged. My problem is not bouncing the camera off the boat floor a few times each trip. For some reason, they don't seem to like that. :-?
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

They dont care much for being dipped in saltwater either.