Bottoms 10-13-06

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Bottoms 10-13-06

Post by wevans »

Got a good early start around 7 this morning, went strait to the Red spot and put my girl on her first Red :smt007 he broke her line in no time flat "the Zebco drag froze up" :evil: introduced her to the spinner and she acted like she had thrown one her entire life "short as that span is" :smt004 She then proceeded ta put a 25 inch Red in the boat :-D
We played for a while and I put a 23 incher in the boat and she landed one that would be a keeper, she wanted ta know why I let her fish go :o I then explained the way of life with the MFC :roll: She didn't want ta fish for em any more "if she couldn't keep em" :-D Tried for some Trout but they didn't want ta cooperate, started trolling "someone was bored" and she brought in a 24 inch Spanish after a little coaching on not rushing the fish :smt004 I got broke of once by a Cobia and missed the hook-set on two others :smt013 but all in all, a WONDERFUL morning with my little one :smt007 :smt007 Here's todays bounty "my Red and 4 Trout are user these also waiting ta be cleaned from yesterday" :beer: :beer:
Image[/img]
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

Way to go Dude,

I can't wait till spring next year. Shane Boy will be four and I plan to start taking him fishing on a regular basis. He did learn to swim this year and that makes me feel more comfortable with him on the boat.
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by noleflyfisher »

Nice report Wevans and congrats to your little one. :thumbup:
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

Good Deal! :thumbup: :beer:
When's dinner? :-D
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

Alright, Wevens!! :thumbup:
If there's not a life after fishing, I don't want to live it.....
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Work'n on another tournament partner aint' cha :thumbup: :-D Good job Dad.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Thanks y'all, she's gonna be one heckofa fisher when she gets a little older :thumbup: here's the total catch from yesterday and today :smt004 :beer:
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Nice mess of fish Wevans. That's a fat lookin' trout at the bottom of the picture :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

as good as it gets :P
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Mr Flats

Post by Mr Flats »

WTG :lol:
FUTCHCAIRO

CATCHIN BOTTOMS

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY WEVANS, I KNOW YOU REALLY ENJOYED THE GIRL CATCHIN A NICE RED, ESPECIALLY WITH A SPINNER. I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDREN ABOUT HER AGE AND BOY DO THEY EVER LOVE GOIN FISHIN, ONE IS 6 THE OTHER 8. THE ONLY TIME I HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO TAKE THEM UP HERE, WE CAUGHT THE LADIES ONE AFTER ANOTHER, NEITHER HAS CAUGHT A RED OR TROUT. I HOPE TO CHANGE THAT NEXT WEEK WHEN THEY COME FOR A 3 DAY VISIT.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
FUTCHCAIRO
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

Good deal all the way ! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

Nice Trip!! :thumbup:
Redfish Jim
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfish Jim »

Good dill :thumbup:
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

is it just perspective or is that one long rod?

great report love kids & fishing! :thumbup:
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?