Aucilla storm

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Lester C
Site Sponsor

Aucilla storm

Post by Lester C »

My 17 year old son and I haven't been able to fish much this year. Went down to the Eco two months ago and discovered our motor wasn't getting enough water to cool it. Got that fixed and went to the Aucilla yesterday. A buddy said it was going to rain. We werent worried about getting wet and wanted to go badly, so we went fishin'.

Fished right outside the mouth, and to the left. Nothing but strong wind. Moved over near Redfish Point. The mullet were jumping nervous and the reds were feeding. My son started catching reds right away. My line fouled as I was hauling my second one in and had to pull him in by hand.

In the meantime a big, dark storm snuck up on us. I thought it would stick to the mainland, but it came out to sea. We tried to outrun it back to the 'Cilla, but I took a wrong turn and we got drenched. The rain didn't bother me but the lightning had me making some serious requests to my Maker.

Ended up being a great, memorable day with my son. He's 17 and I know in a year or two he won't be as available. Great memories, and we have a couple of nice reds to grill tonight.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Yep, it's scary enough geting caught in something like that by yourself, but with your younun, it's much amplified :o glad y'all made it in safe and with some fish also :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
Flats Rascal
Site Sponsor

Post by Flats Rascal »

Ended up being a great, memorable day with my son. He's 17 and I know in a year or two he won't be as available. Great memories, and we have a couple of nice reds to grill tonigh
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

8)
Jesus saves, George Nelson withdraws!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Rain okay....lightning...heck naw! My boy is 19 and I know our days together are numbered...glad you and yours shared the time together. I sure remember those fishing trips with my dad :thumbup:
UFgator

Post by UFgator »

a buddy of mine and Pops took his mother out yesterday and they got caught in the same storm, said it was NASTY rain and boomers
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Glad to hear you caught some good fish, and real glad the Good Lord held the lightning back. :D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Your son will definitely never forget that trip :o

Lemme guess.... you beared to the right when you should have beared to the left hand side on the way back from the sea.... ?? :wink: and lemme guess.... and no ponchos...

:-D
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Glad yall made it back ok, and glad you made some memories :thumbup:
Stay Thirsty My Friends