Flint River--Bainbride 11 Nov 06

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

chugbug

Flint River--Bainbride 11 Nov 06

Post by chugbug »

We put in at the ramp right there in B-bridge. It was cold and breezy. We fished around the ramp for a few minutes and out the channel. We were fishing in my friends new Z-21 with a 250 HPDI hangin on the back. Nice rig. As we idled out the channel we headed slightly North and the rear up the boat lurched up...WTF??? So we idled on over to the far side and tilted the motor up and sure enough, one of the prop blades was bent on the end alomst doubled over. So we head back to the dock and try to straighten it with some channel locks. Haha yeah right. Stainless sucks if you have to bend it. So we idled back out and fished were we could picking up only one small fish. We put the boat back on the trailer around 2:00. When I was back there hooking the straps I gave the prop a spin and sure enough the shaft was bent too. So this was a pretty expensive trip but I think he has insurance. I kept telling him we should have went to the Oklocknee river. :smt013
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

We've been hear'n way too many details like this on the forum recently.... BEYOND THIS POINT THERE BE DRAGONS!! :smt013 :roll:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Dang. More motor damage. :o
GULP! free since 1970.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Were you at the boat basin?
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I'm not sure. It was right off the highway were we put in. I am assuming it was the basin.
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Sounds like you we at the boat basin if you were idling out of a channel. There's a large rock at the channel entrance, rather poorly marked, that has claimed many a lower unit. Always best to idle out into the river a-ways before turning north/south.