Kayak Rigging Expo and Demo Day - Nov 26 at Maclay Gardens

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

paddlefish
Site Sponsor

Kayak Rigging Expo and Demo Day - Nov 26 at Maclay Gardens

Post by paddlefish »

Wanted to test the waters on doing a rigged fishing kayak expo in tandem with an upcoming demo day at Maclay Gardens/Lake Hall. The Wilderness Way is planning a demo day the Sunday after T-Giving (nov 26) and will have a few new yaks for folks to try out - Hobie Revo, Prowler Big Game, Wilderness System 140 and others. Thought it would be a good opportunity to bring your rigged out yaks by to show off and spend the afternoon trying out some new boats. Would love to see Apalach and Ron Harrison's tricked out Hobies side by side! Let me know what you think.
Last edited by paddlefish on November 19th, 2006, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RonHarrison
Site Sponsor

Post by RonHarrison »

I might be able to bring mine by. What time is the demo days?
Ron Harrison
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 Hobie Outback Rigging Photo Album @ http://www.nettally.com/rharri/riggingredirect.htm .
paddlefish
Site Sponsor

Post by paddlefish »

Hey Ron - the demo at Maclay will be from 10 to 3 on Nov 26th.
The Wilderness Way
www.thewildernessway.net
850-877-7200
3152 Shadeville Road
Wakulla Station
paddlefish
Site Sponsor

Post by paddlefish »

The date is set for the upcoming Demo Day and Rigged Fishing Kayak contest. The contest is being done in cooperation with FCKA and The Wilderness Way. A panel, including Jeff and myself, will be judging your rigged kayaks, with the prize for the best being an Extrasport Osprey PFD.

The demo day and contest are being held the Sunday after Thanksgiving, November 26th from 10 to 3 at Lake Hall in Maclay Gardens.

Bring your rigged kayak to the lake to show off, enter the contest and try out a bunch of new kayaks too.

The Wilderness Way will have new kayaks including the Hobie Revolution and Outback, the Ocean Kayak Prowler 13, 15 and Big Game and the Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 and many others.

See you there.

Rick Z
http://www.thewildernessway.net
The Wilderness Way
www.thewildernessway.net
850-877-7200
3152 Shadeville Road
Wakulla Station
paddlefish
Site Sponsor

Post by paddlefish »

It was a fantastic day at Lake Hall -- Congratulations to Ron Harrison! Winner of the rigged Kayak contest. His Hobie Outback was a fine example of the ultimate fishing yak!
ImageImage

We had over 100 paddlers out to test paddle The Wilderness Way's new fleet of demo boats. Thanks to Jeff with FCKA and everyone else that made it out to the lake.
ImageImage

Rick Z
http://www.thewildernessway.net
RonHarrison
Site Sponsor

Post by RonHarrison »

It was a beautiful day at Maclay Gardens' Lake Hall for The Wilderness Way's Demo Day. I'm getting over a cold or I would've been ditching the rigging demonstration to wet a hook in Lake Hall! LOL!

Georgia, Rick, and the rest of The Wilderness Way crew were busy from the start at 10:00AM until well after the scheduled end at 3:00PM.

I was really amazed at the sheer number of people that took advantage of taking the various kayaks for a test paddle. They had a ton of kayaks there and any particular one would rarely sit idle for more than a few minutes.

Jeff and I were there to represent FCKA and display a few rigged kayaks. Jeff brought two and I brought one.

I was very impressed with how many people were interested in kayaks, kayak fishing, and FCKA. Jeff and I were, individually, kept busy answering questions the entire time. If you wanted any indication about the growth in this sport, you would have gotten it from the excitement exhibited today. I handed out the address to at least 15 - 20 people. I hope to see many of them posting there soon!

It was a beautiful day and a wonderful opportunity to connect with others interested in kayak fishing in Tallahassee. I think it's an opportunity FCKA should take advantage of at future Demo Days events.

A big thanks to The Wilderness Way for their hospitality and for putting on such a terrific event.
Ron Harrison
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 Hobie Outback Rigging Photo Album @ http://www.nettally.com/rharri/riggingredirect.htm .
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Maybe thats why the site is crashed right now. Great day and thanks to everyone who came out. My voice is gone, and it was a great day to test kayaks.