Monday St. Marks

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dogonenuts

Monday St. Marks

Post by dogonenuts »

After two great days on the water Sat and Sun we just couldn't go home so we decided to try the trollling one more day. We headed out early on glass slick seas to the K tower area and started trolling where we had had luck on Saturday but couldn't get a strike. We hit all the public spots in that area to no avail. I decided to try a couple of numbers someone had given me a couple of years ago that had been collecting dust in my GPS. The wind had kicked up some 2-3 footers so the going was slow. After about 45 minutes we we about 12-15 miles to the east and about a half mile from our first number set. We put out the green and chrome 30 plus a new aquisition from the night before, a red head with white body. About five minutes later at 4 knots the red and white rod is trying to break. Little Nut makes quick work of a 25 incher. While we get him unhooked we drift past our number turn the boat around and get both lines going again and WHAAM! In less time we are pulling in another keeper! I am starting to have visions of filling the coolers figuring it's cool enough we can sacrifice the drink cooler to carry the last of our limt. Well. line back in the water and once again we have a fish on. This time it is a short black seabass. Then another, then a lizard fish all on the red and white. I guess the lizard put a hex on us. We didn't getr another bite. I never saw any really good structure or fish on the bottom, just little rock formations and a fish or three here and there. The next number in shallower water had nothing. We were back at the dock by 2 pm cleaned the fish loaded the boat on the trailer and headed back north. Here is the payoff for the day:
Image.

I am not sure which was better, grilled grouper or Redfish. I'll have to do more testing next spring.

Nuts
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Nice outing with the boy, Nuts. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
birddog
Site Sponsor

Re: Monday St. Marks

Post by birddog »

dogonenuts wrote: Little Nut
Awesome :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

Better day than the 1st! Although the 1st day produced the 1st fish. :thumbup: :thumbup:
If there's not a life after fishing, I don't want to live it.....
Fishman
Site Sponsor

Post by Fishman »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

good way to push back from the table!
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
dstockwell