Econfina help

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DeerNfish88

Econfina help

Post by DeerNfish88 »

I am going to be fishing out of econfina this weekend and was wondering where some good spots where to catch some trout and reds and maybe some spanish ... im new to the area so any help will be good thanks and i plan on using live shrimp on ct on 20" leaders to 10"

thanks
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Econfina

Post by DixieReb »

Deernfish,
I have fished Econfina twice this season and had pretty hard luck there. The last time I was there was a week ago. I fished over toward Aucilla River(west of Econfina) and then moved over just east of Econfina in 6-7 ft. of water. All we got were 1 keeper trout, several shorts, and 3 big blues. The blues were real thick there and ate all our live bait. I think most of the trout caught that day came from the area around the bird racks about 5 miles east of the river. Some guys did good there. It was so windy we did not try to go over there. Good luck if you go.

Jess.
Yours in the South
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

The areas between the bird racks are almost always a good bet for trout and spanish and the occasional cobia. On high tide work the shoreline around the creek mouths for reds.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Chalk

Post by Chalk »

DeerNfish88 try 4-5 ft of water, some have done well deeper, but 4-5 worked last week for us. If you not catching pinfish or hardheads your generally not catching trout. IF you start picking up short trout stay in the area..They have been scattered and you have to drift to find'm...reds in close as Tom said
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Hey Jessie,
See you finally joined the site. I know your heading to Andersonville this weekend. I'll have to go fishing I guess.
Semper Fi
DeerNfish88

Post by DeerNfish88 »

ok well thanks im goin up there friday after noon to fish all weekend and i will try out those spots
southernundertaker

Post by southernundertaker »

S/u here, if you happen to go out at low tide be very careful!!! The river has some big rocks in and around the landing so go easy all the way out.

Head towards rock island, fishing has been pretty much hit or miss all season in water from 4 to as much as 12 feet. Last week S/A's PT 2000 was a great color without a Cajun Thunder. Fish a slow steady retrieve off the bottom.

Good Luck. :D