Trout Galore Sunday 1-14-07

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Nice haul!! :beer: :beer:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I was at the NG meeting when they said I could launch elsewhere like the lighthouse, (Check the minutes) and either way, you can launch where ever you want in the FCKA one. You just have to be there at 8:00 and back by 12:00. I can launch at safe light for NG one, just as long as I'm back for the weigh in at 15:00
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

jsuber wrote: (Check the minutes)
:smt005 :smt005
GULP! free since 1970.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Hey, that was a great trip. Haven't seen or heard of that many trout in a while. Some nice-un's, too. Me and Pop are gonna try some creek fish'in down Keaton way tomorrow. Maybe they'll bite there, too. :smt004
Yours in the South
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Hey I don't care where I launch, and just to make it fair I'll paddle with my anchor out too, and use a Scooby Doo rod.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:smt005 :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Fair, I think we have already been over this…This is starting to sound like Michelle Wie verse the PGA….I was just stating what I understood to be the rules and from what has been discussed in the past...I don't see any provisions for kayakers in the written rules (don’t need to read no minutes), but as I stated in the past there should be some provisions for wading and human powered vessels.

I was trying to be a proponent of your quest to compete with a motorboat tournament forum and assist you in having the club make some exceptions (in writing). Because if you can launch from the Lighthouse or where ever, I think I should be given the same ruling, since it is an angler event and there are no written statements for the type of vessel to be used in the club rules. That meaning just because you want to paddle or wade, the rules apply to an angler not their choice of transportation.

But, if the club made accommodations for kayakers at the last meeting, those modifications to the rules need to be stated publicly and amended to the 2007 tournamnet rules.

Just trying to help, sorry you didn’t see it that way, next time I will give you a sign
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Rule 26 was intended to solve this problem.
What was I supposed to do today?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Chalk,
I would call this ribbing and kidding, but you see it however you want. I'm just having a good time. So unknot those panties and see it for what it is.
If you want to talk serious, then why would it matter where my plastic boat launches as long as I fish within the same range as your boat. GEEZ, I'm paddling a plastic boat, its not an advantage.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

I ain't fishing the tourny unless I can launch from the LH with jsuber.
GULP! free since 1970.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

birddog wrote:I ain't fishing the tourny unless I can launch from the LH with jsuber.
I didn't know you had a plastic boat. :roll:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:roll: :lol:
GULP! free since 1970.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Thank's to Suber for letting me try out one of his kayaks. The Tarpon is a great boat & fishes very nicely. Hey, it might even give some people an avantage, just like any different boat would. But, before I wade (if wading is ok) too far into the muck, I appreciate the reminder about why I actually fish -To escape the concerns of the terrestrial jungle.
I caught a lot of trout this weekend. :D :thumbup:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Very nice :thumbup:
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Nice report, great pictures. WTG guys. :D