Deep Blue

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Deep Blue

Post by Reel Cowboy »

If anybody has the opportunity to watch a documentary, you need to take time to watch "Deep Blue". I just wacthed it and I was amazed to say the least. The footage of marlin circling and feeding on bait fish and blackfin tuna feeding was enough to grab my interest. I know most people don't take the time or have the interest to watch these types of programs but this program made me want to go explore the bountiful and wonderous enviroment that we, as anglers, have been blessed to live close enough enjoy. Anyone with children or friends or family members that just don't understand the pull we all feel to the water, whether it be tannin and stained or the deep blue and crysal clear, should take an hour and watch. It may just make some of those same friends and family members want to take a boat ride and see the wonders we so humbly call the fishing grounds.
My wife recently showed this to her 7th grade special education class and talked about the dolphins, eagles, fish and other wildlife that surrounds us all. I even think she and several other teachers in her group have talked the principle into okaying a field trip to the coast this spring (due to the improved weather conditions) to witness a world many of them here have never see.
As is probably evident by I was greatly impressed with this program and highly recommend it to everyone taking part in our truly great outdoors.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds very interesting. Where can it be viewed?
What was I supposed to do today?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Deep Blue

Post by Reel Cowboy »

We rented it from Movie Gallery
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Deep Blue

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I did some more digging and found a link for it. It has a breif summary and a few tidbits of information.

http://www.deepbluethemovie.com
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Thanks
What was I supposed to do today?
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Glad to hear you are inspired, CR. :D
Gonna hav to rent the movie and see for myself, thanks.