Key West 1760 Stealth

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Key West 1760 Stealth

Post by Chalk »

Anyone taken a ride or seen one around here? Thought I saw one a few weeks ago at Econfina. Just a think'n :roll:
Ken K
Site Sponsor

Post by Ken K »

Chalk, I don't know anything about this particular boat but everytime I fish out of a "flats" boat, it makes me re-think my plan to buy a "bay" boat. :thumbup:
Ken
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Well from a converted bass fisherman, I find myself plugging with in 50 yards of the bank most of the time, so the flats boat suits me. I have been trying to build one for about 4 years now, probably spent enough on studying material to buy a ranger :o .....I am at the cross roads of buying a boat and making payments or start building and take a lil time off the water :thumbdown: :thumbup: Just a think'n out loud again :D ..By the way, I priced that bad boy on boattrader, its up there with a Hewes...She sure is pretty though 8)
captainspride
Site Sponsor

Post by captainspride »

Hi ya Chalk,I'm a former bass fisherman myself and the low boats are a joy in the shallows but I was very uncomfortable fishing futher out.A friend of mine in Port Charlotte has a Pathfinder which was real nice back in the shallow mangrove flats fishing for snook and redfish but when you got out in any wave action it was wearing on my nerves.I guess it's just a personel preference but i like the bayboats over the flats boats.Before you go to the expense I would recomend finding someone with a boat of that type to fish with.Just a little feedback and I hope it helps.
tight lines CaptainsPride 8)