Keaton Beach 2-4-2007

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Keaton Beach 2-4-2007

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I had a good friend of mine call me last week at the airport and tell me about the grouper they caught the day before. You know the drill, you should've been ther but you had to work didn't ya? So when I got back I decided that they weren't the only ones that catch fish. Dad , myself and two other friends head to what was forecasted as 1-2 foot seas and very little wind. Three hours later, no fish trolling and to bleeping rough to bottom fish (I need a job at NOAA), we head in. Not enough water to load the boat, so we go by the Gas & Grill to eat lunch and discuss how much better the fishing was while I was out of town. Well you win some and you lose some, but at least the wife was happy that I wasn't at home complaining about not getting to fish. I now have a honey-do list that needs some attention. Thanks for your time and patience.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Reel Fun
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Fun »

Been there, done that....got the T-shirt. But, I still enjoy the hunt. Sure makes those days when you GET'UM that much sweeter....thanks for the report....... :thumbup:
Time on the water is NEVER wasted time.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Well Whataya know..... A report from an HONEST FISHERMAN!! :thumbup: Thanks...I enjoyed hear'n about your experience even if the only fish was in a sandwich :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Better luck next trip, RC. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.