Lake Hall 3-9

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

basstired
Site Sponsor

Lake Hall 3-9

Post by basstired »

I had a couple of hours to kill fri. afternoon, so i grabbed a symetre 1500 on a 7ft ultra light rod and drove down to lake hall about 4pm. The leon crew team was having a practice and there were a couple of ladies on the dock sitting on buckets waiting for dinner to bite.
I went to the other side of the swimming area and waded throught the weeds about knee high. I had somewhere to be and didn't want to go with wet pants. I tied on the split tail glitter fluke that the Capt. handed me at the seminar thurs. night. I put a worm hook on it, no weight. Let it sink a few seconds, gave it a few jerks and then I did ....... "nothing" One more twitch and a bass cleaned my clock, from the leader knot down. I guess you should put a new leader on once in a while or at least re-tie.
No more glitter flukes, I had a half bag of Zoom Arkansas shiners, just plain, no fancy suits. Tied straight to the green pp. Let it sink. gave it three jerks and then I did.......... Seems like I caughtem every cast for about an hour. Half to two and a half everyone. These fish look so clean and healthy, you could just scale them and take a bite. I let the first two go, then i called to the ladies and they were more then glad to have them. I'd catch one, play him over to the swimming area and one of the chirens would come get the fish.
Great seminar, thanks to all the guys who put it together. :wink:
Wanted: Cute gal who loves to fish:
Send picture of boat
GIT-R-WET
Site Sponsor

Post by GIT-R-WET »

:beer: :beer: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"LIFE IS GOOD IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS"
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

Thanks for the report...I need to get out there and give that lake a try :thumbup:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Thanks for the report. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

Sounds like a nice day.

I know lake Hall is a no motor lake (internal combustion). Does that mean no motors allowed on the lake, or no motors can be used on the lake? Can I leave my gas tank at home and fish the lake with my flats boat, or am I gonna get read the riot act?
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

grim reeler wrote:Sounds like a nice day.

I know lake Hall is a no motor lake (internal combustion). Does that mean no motors allowed on the lake, or no motors can be used on the lake? Can I leave my gas tank at home and fish the lake with my flats boat, or am I gonna get read the riot act?
I won't swear to this; but, I think I've seen bass boats motoring around with their trolling motor as long as the big motor is up.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
basstired
Site Sponsor

lake Hall motors

Post by basstired »

I've seen several boats with the motor up just using the the trolling motor. I just have a kayak. If you live one the lake you can use anything you want. 487-4556, I think is the rangers hut number, give them a call.
Wanted: Cute gal who loves to fish:
Send picture of boat
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

Thanks guys.

I called the ranger station and was told that you can fish with an IC motor, you just cant use them.

I was also told the ramp would be closed soon. She wasnt sure, but thought the dates were starting on the 23 of this month.
Terrier

Lake Hall Ramp Closing

Post by Terrier »

Found out today that the ramp will be closed From 11:30PM Friday Mar 23 until Noon Saturday, March 24 for the Red Hills Triathlon