Jerry's is 4 sale

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

captainspride
Site Sponsor

Post by captainspride »

Amen JT51,We usally drive out of our way to go there on the day we arrive to just get current reports,see what's new and generally just for the conversation.Wally World is good for some things but I had rather pay a few cents more to support the local retailers.Makes good business sense as well as being a good nieghbor which we sometimes seem to forget.
GOD does not deduct the days spent fishing from ones life
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

I stop in almost every time I fish out of St Marks, Scott is much friendlier and more knowledgable than most bait shops I have been in. I hope if he sells there he will reopen somewhere else. BTW I don't mind paying a little more for good, friendly service.
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
bman

Post by bman »

Ditto AJ and Steve-

I talked to Scott also and Steve is right on....
The property is worth more than you guys think- plus the business.
And all the shrimp you can eat :lick:

Stopping by and chatting with Scott is part of the fun.
My wife and I call him "Jerryscott"

I hope he stays at it but I can understand.
Can you guys Imagine living at work?:(

His wife must be an angel!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

His wife must be an angel!
Or the Devil in disguise :o making him cater to folks doing what he would rather be doing :smt004 :wink: :-D :beer:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

You guys that bad mouth him for not being open should just do what I do. Call him the day before and tell him you are coming. I have never had a problem. I can call him at 6 pm and say"Scott I'll be there at 5 in the morning and I need XYZ" The response is always, "I'll be here, see you at 5." It's one of the highlights of my day to go there in the morning and back for pics in the afternoon. Plus where else are you going to get a cuban sandwich that good in Wakulla County?

The support he's shown for the NFGFC and their members says more than enough about him and his business.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Love those Cubans :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Y'all aint said nothin ta me about a good Cuban sandwich :smt013 I got somethin more ta look forward to now :thumbup: :-D :beer:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

wevans wrote:Y'all aint said nothin ta me about a good Cuban sandwich :smt013 I got somethin more ta look forward to now :thumbup: :-D :beer:
Sorry bout that wevans. He has a limited supply and always runs out. So we don't spread the word too much. :wink:
GULP! free since 1970.
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Wevans, call him early and they'll be ready and waiting when you get there. The cubans are awesome :lick: For Scott's sake, I hope he sells, retires, and lives well. For our sake, I hope he's there as long as possible. :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

I would think if it does sell chances of it remaining a bait shop are slim to none. So lets hope he's there alot longer. Another thing that I don't think has been mentioned is the website. I'd also really miss the fishin reports. They're always so optomistic that they get me excited and ready to go!!
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

The thing I like the most about Scott is that every day is a "great fishing day to him." Everything is always biting as long as you're there when they are biting! Amen to what TK said earlier. All you have to do is call him and let him know you're coming......and if you want a sandwich :lick: He's always taken care of us with no problem. Sometimes I'll just stop in on my way to work at Shields and buy things just to show support for him and hear about how great the fishing is/was that I missed. I hope he stays there for a long time, but if he sells I hope he gets enough to retire so he can go fishing everyday :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: As long as he's there, he'll keep getting my support.
Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Country »

I stop there on every trip to St. Marks. I may not buy more than a bag of ice and two dozen shrimp, but he gets my money. He does promote the area and allowed me to put up a BBSC poster and registration forms the past two years.
fish on!!
Site Sponsor

Post by fish on!! »

I bet this has been the best advertising he's ever done. I doubt that he will sell.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

The easiest way ta find out if yer appreciated "or wanted" is to tell folks yer leaving :-D
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

I'm leaving :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sea Gurl