Jerry's is 4 sale

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Jerry's is 4 sale

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Saw it on a real estate sign this morning on Capital Circle. 395K and it's yours.
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

Im sure that sign will be there for a long time to come.....
beerfish

Post by beerfish »

Jerry's Bait n Tackle??? How much of that land comes with it?
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

Has anyone talked to Scott? Is he moving or just closing?
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Rule #1: commerical businesses that depend on fisherman must be
open when fisherman want to patronize them.
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

For that money, I'd say you could buy a piece of land , maybe a little better location and build a better building, and have some left over ! You sure thats not his shrimp count ? :-D
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

:o
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

I was looking for an investment opportunity...
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

In reference to Rule#1..... I was there yesterday with a fellow coworker and his Son about 5:50 am and it was closed. Went on to Savanna's , had breakfast, went back to Jerrys (6:30), one truck and boat in parking lot, Store still closed and dark, Went fishing. :smt009

I certainly would not expect someone to stay in a business that they weren't happy with. That being said, Scott and Denise have sure made going fishing more fun for me since they've been at Jerry's and it saddens me to think they would need to move on. However, I certainly agree with Rule #1.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

But being the big Question has any one talked to Scott and know for sure if its closeing .. I would think you need to be open when the fisherman need you not only when you the owner want to be open ..That the trouble with most bait and tackle stores now days Enconfina is one that reletes good to that they open when the store keeper want it open lol...
PinFishKing
Site Sponsor

Post by PinFishKing »

You are being extremely generous calling Econfina a Bait and Tackle store. I always thought of it as a good location for a Bait and Tackle store. Unless you are planning on using a 3 year old can of vienna sausages for bait, you should go somewhere else. :-D
You just can't fix stupid.
T Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by T Smith »

All I know is it would get really old really quick watching everybody else go fishing while you stay behind to man the store.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Jerry's

Post by Steve Stinson »

I called Scott early this morning to see what was going on. He just had his property appraised and it came back rather high, so he is throwing the bait out there to see if he gets any takers.

I offered to survey the land and split it into two parcels, so he could keep the bait store and sell off the rest. He seemed to think that was a great idea.

I don't think he is serious, unless he can make enough to retire. In the mean time, the bait store operation should continue.

Due to Scott's constant support of the NFGFC, I shop there as much as possible and will continue to do so. I hate to see Walmart off running all the small business owners.

Good Fishin' - Steve Stinson
eat_mo_crawfish

Post by eat_mo_crawfish »

Good points, Steve. Scott is very supportive of the local fishing community and the best way to show appreciation is to return the support with our business.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I will continue to shop there until it sells. Most people know that anytime after 5 am if he is not open you can go knock on the bedroom window and he will get up and serve you. Monday thru Thursday fishermen are too few to justify 5-5:30 openings like the weekends. Rainy days are another reason to sleep in.
How many of you do 14/7/365 and sleep in the same building?How many of you have been late to work in the last year?
Scott has done more to promote Apalachee Bay fishing in the last 10 years than any other single person or group of people.
He will special order anything you like. He stays very current on the everchanging,currently popular baits and sells them at a very competitive price to Walmart.
I would like to see him stay there,in business as long as I am able to fish.
After that you can all go to Walmart.