Site Update, Wants and Needs?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rainman
Site Sponsor

Re: Site Update, Wants and Needs?

Post by Rainman »

Don't change much!!

I like the view all new posts. However, as of late it now requires you to log in to view all new posts and then it only shows the new posts since you last logged in... I like the view all new posts where it just lists posts without logging in. You could limit it to say a week or a month so that the query and returned datasets are minimized...
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Actually with Rainman on the preference not to be required to login, but instead just to have chronological listing of past posts. One thing if have time at computer at home (and with a 3 year old, don't have nearly as much as before her arrival ;-) ), but requirement to login is big inconvenience from mobile. Think we're all smart enough to realize where we last left off viewing threads. :-D Just my 0.02. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
beer_fixes_all

Post by beer_fixes_all »

I would like to second Neckmoe's idea;

How about a Need a Ride/Share a Ride section. With gas prices going up might be a good way for all of us to keep our costs down.

Not to mention we would save money but meet new fishing peeps.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

My favorite thing is "View Unread Posts" button. :thumbup:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Needs to be easy-breezy pic posting friendly and easy story telling. I quit posting stuff because it was too much like "work" :smt011 . The very reason I go fishing is to get away from the "office " and "computers" and "email" other fancy "hand-held gadgets" that nag the heck out of me. :smt012 ...maybe I am getting old and just need to get it off my chest. :wink:
Thought I'd stop in an say "howdy yall", and I miss you guys. :smt006
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Joe
Site Sponsor

Post by Joe »

Thanks for taking over the forum. Make sure the data is secure/backed up. I wanted to bump the 2004 original cobia thread just because.