St. Marks 6/4/06

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

birddog
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 6/4/06

Post by birddog »

Launched from the LH around 6:30. Fished East. 5 reds and 5 trout. Spoons and topwater. Topwater trout bite was awesome. Redfish seemed scarce. Can't wait ti next time.
GULP! free since 1970.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

you're the dog! The girls and I will finish out my last day of vacation tomorrow on the water. Hope to find them reds, too.
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
devans850
Site Sponsor

Post by devans850 »

Beats sittin at the house BD :-D :thumbup:
JUST SHUT UP AND FISH!
FUTCHCAIRO

BIRDDOG

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

LOOKS LIKE I AM GONNA HAVE TO HITCH UP WITH YOU AND SEE HOW YA DOIN IT TO CATCH FISH LIKE THAT. THE LAST TWO TIMES I HAVE BEEN OUT HAVE NOT BEEN TOO PRODUCTIVE. CONGRATS.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
FUTCHCAIRO
Short Strike
Site Sponsor

Post by Short Strike »

Hay BD,

Most excellent!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Do you only use artificials for Reds? My luck with catchin' reds on artificials (spoons and spinners) is that the fish are bigger...but we catch fewer. The pups tend to leave them alone. When we use live shrimp, and if there is a red around, no matter what size, he's going after it. Therefore we get quantity and quality (thats what we enjoy about fishin' for them spotted critters). Obviously the smaller ones get culled. :D
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
--Doug Larson
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Thanks Short Strike.

Yep, its only artificials for me. I like the challenge, but I also believe using live bait results in higher mortality than artificials. I throw back over 70% of what I catch. I love to catch'em so I want as many out there as possible. But everybodys got their own style, so to each his own.

I have noticed no correlation between artificals and redfish size. All sizes of redfish are pigs and will readily eat what they percieve as food. We catch them from 6" to 32" regularly.

As far as numbers are concerned, last Friday with Chalk, he and I caught 35 reds and I don't believe using livebait would have increased our catch.
GULP! free since 1970.
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Fishing on Sunday...shame on you. 8)

:thumbup:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Good. BD.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

good deal :thumbup:
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

You da man :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Nicely done! :beer: :beer: