Hey Chalk

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rocket
Site Sponsor

Hey Chalk

Post by rocket »

Optima Blue Tops here....12 volt riptide...All day fishing (redfishing) the most I have pulled them down to is 60% and that was alot of trolling for a only a 40% drop...As was said AC Delco's are a good deal for the money

I just copied this off "the Other" site. Do you really run a 12v system on that Back Country? Will that Optrima really last as long as a 24v system? I understand weather conditions, and boat size would play a factor.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Yes....Just ask Birddog....But.....the key but is I use the tide and wind to my advantage...Meaning I don't troll against the current or wind unless necessary.

I would rather have a 24 volt system, but the extra weight and all of Tincan sheet in the back of the boat tends to make her ride a little low...So I went back to a 12V system...All I have ever run is 12V trolling systems.

It won't last as long as a 24V system...It's not mathematically possible
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Yeah, if possible I always fish with the wind behind me.
I've just had 12v systems in the past that never seemed to last long enough. However I always used just a regular deep cycle battery, never tried the Optima. I guess they are worth the money, huh?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Jury is still out, I have only had mine for 5 months....I put them on charge last night and it was down to 66%, that was from two half day trips before charging.

I would like to try two 12 volt Odyssey batteries in parallel, they are real light, real expensive and debtable on the reserve capacity.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Chalk wrote: I would rather have a 24 volt system, but the extra weight and all of Tincan sheet in the back of the boat tends to make her ride a little low...So I went back to a 12V system...All I have ever run is 12V trolling systems.
I had 2 trays and 2 rods that day. It's YOUR tackle bag that sinks the dang boat!
What was I supposed to do today?
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Both of you give all your crap to me and quit having this argument. :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

:-D
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Eerman wrote:Both of you give all your crap to me and quit having this argument. :thumbup:
You will need a bigger vehicle, boat and house to accomodate Tincan's unused tackle :o :lol: ...Let alone mine :lol: