Shorts.

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Shorts.

Post by Cranfield »

I have two favourite pairs of shorts, that I have owned for at least 5 years.
They are very comfortable, tough, yet stylish and I wear them during the three months a year, that its warm enough in the UK, but they also accompany me on my travels.
I have no idea where I bought them.

Disaster has struck in the space of 2 weeks.
I have got fence paint on one pair and it won't come out, despite being subjected to every chemical known to man.
Then yesterday, I caught the rear of the other pair on barbed wire (don't ask :roll: ) and tore the cloth, beyond invisible repair.
Whilst I can still wear them within the confines of our property, they are not suitable to wear "out". :cry:

Then I thought, no reason to despair, this is the age of the Internet.
So I started searching for the Supplier of the label on the shorts.
People that know me, will accept that I have a reputation for sartorial elegance and am in fact , a fashion leader in my own community .
Therefore, I expected search results to highlight Cabelas, Columbia, Hardys, or one of the other top range sporting clothing Stores, but it was not to be.
"Basic Editions" labelled shorts are only sold by ...........................WalMart.

As WalMart don't ship internationally, I can feel a special trip coming on. :wink:
dstockwell

Re: Shorts.

Post by dstockwell »

Cranfield wrote:People that know me, will accept that I have a reputation for sartorial elegance and am in fact , a fashion leader in my own community .
:o :-D
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Don, who told you what "sartorial" means ? :-D

Anyway, I don't live in a very big community. :P :wink:
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

I'm guessing the Wal-Mart in Crawfordville is about the closest to ya Cranfield? :-D
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

AJ, when we were last in Crawfordville, they didn't have a WalMart there, but they did have a very impressive and efficient Library. :thumbup:

My Wife seems to remember me buying these shorts in Alabama.
Eventually, she will tell me what day of the week I bought them.........................Wives are like that. :-?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

YOU a fashion setter :o that is VERY scary :smt009 :-D They say that ifin they aint got it, they'll get it Cran :thumbup: better hurry and get yer order in before we fill the aisles with MOONSHINE STILLS :-D :thumbup: :smt004 :beer: :beer:
Mark K

Post by Mark K »

I love them shorts. Cheap as dirt and wear great.
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Cran, I'm going to WalMart in a little while, I'll check on the 'basic editions' brand, and if you will advise me of the waist size. I would be glad to pick them (2 or whatever) up for you and ship them to the destination of your choice for only the cost involved.
None of this would put me out, as the UPS store is next door to W/M.
My only advise would be, to purchase 3 or 4 pair, if available, since the shipping weight would probably not vary that much..
Gimme a sign. :D
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

quotrage, that is a very generous offer and much appreciated.

During the, "reminding me where we bought them" process, my Wife did point out that it took me some time to choose them, due to the overwhelming choice available.
I fear therefore, that just any Basic Editions branded shorts may not do, it is the particular style that I must have.

Life is too short for me to try to explain the style and design, (there is no model/style No on the label), so it does look as though we will have to wait until our next Trip, to replenish my shorts stock.

Thanks again for the kind thought. :thumbup:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Take a picture of them in front of your pink house holding a glass of elderflower...I am sure we can find you some shorts, we are here for you :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Okay Cran...Just willing help, where I can. :-)
I know how it is with some things. 'Just got back from Alaska a couple of weeks ago. Part of the reason for going was to get a couple of Alaska fishing caps. 'Had bout wore out the last one I had from the last trip. :-)
Guess ya jest gonna have to come for a visit to find them shorts. :D