St. Marks 12/4/02

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rx fisher
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 12/4/02

Post by rx fisher »

:(
Got down to St. Marks late AM, knew the low tide would be a problem
ST marks refuge was dry, so was Shell point marina, tried the fort for the first time. Good enough water for me, but the day was almost over before it started, because of the VERY low tide, when I went back to the boat if I had'nt my lightning reflexes I would have busted my butt. Lucky just a little broken skin and some sore muscles. so the rest of you guys be careful.

Word from Scott at Jerry's was to go up river, my wife and I went about 1 1/2 miles past the power plant, first time, it was beautiful, clear water nice drift speed. I threw large live shrimp and she used a jig with fish bites, very slow. lost a couple of shrimp but nothing else, still a nice time.

Went out to the main river up past the fort, LOTS of birds, drifted slow along the grass, lost a couple frisky very undersized trout, too little to swallow the hook, hopefully next year.

Very nice day with my wife, got a chance to see more of the river.
Could use some tips and how to bring home dinner this time of year.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Nice day on the river. Quality time with your wife. Sounds good to me.

Tip on bringing home dinner: Keep going. Keep your string wet.
What was I supposed to do today?
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep dipping it. :lol: