Kayak Anglers Club Organization Meeting

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Are you interested in a Kayak Fishing Organization

Poll ended at October 25th, 2006, 9:39 am

yes
89%
no
11%

Total votes: 9

jsuber
Site Sponsor

Kayak Anglers Club Organization Meeting

Post by jsuber »

Gentlemen,
I would like to propose the formation of a local Kayak Club organization meeting. We could have a meeting around 10-18-2006. Rob and myself were discussing gettting this thing off the ground this weekend, and I will be with the Virginia Club this week. I'm going to find out what they had to do legally to form their Organization and discuss that at the meeting. I would also like us to talk about a name for the organization and get to know one another. We can have another meeting Nov. 15 (third Wednesday of each month) and discuss the issues we need to get this thing flying. I would like to Start the organization by Jan 1, 2007 so that we can get some representation in some of the decsions that are being made that may impact the future of Kayak Anglers and also get some monthly tournaments started. There is also some interest in forming and online tournament much like the one Jaxkayakfishing has started. So mark it on your calendar, and we'll try to meet somewhere in the Woodville, to Tallahassee area so that its easier for more people to attend. Stay tuned for a location. And let us jknow if your interested in participation
Bakertize
Site Sponsor

Post by Bakertize »

I'm in :thumbup:
10-18-06 works for me
some suggestions on time and place.

7:00 pm
Seinyard resturant , woodville hwy 363

Hobbit hogies Publix ,shopping center Cap. cir. & 319

old mexico , Appalachee park way (location of ACKC paddleclub meetings)
Robert Baker
TnT Hide-a-way inc.
http://www.tnthideaway.com
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Hey J,
Good idea! As you know, we got started in that direction last year and then the organizer bailed on us. I still have not gotten from him the roster he compiled for us, in spite of several requests on my part. He seems to still be around, but has gotten into stinkpot fishing instead from what I can gather.

Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Count me in & I will participate as much as possible.
abcarias

Im in

Post by abcarias »

Im in
¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Guys if I can give any guidance let me know. Being one of the founders of the NFGFC I may be able to give some insight.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

paddlefish
Site Sponsor

Post by paddlefish »

Hey J, good to meet you this weekend down at the lower bridge. I ran into abcarias later in the day and got the first-hand account of his tarpon encounter. Nice!

The Wilderness Way is certainly interested in hosting/sponsoring both the club and any tourneys. We have conducted no-motor tournaments over the last two years that were a lot of fun. Count me in.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Thanks for the great response everyone. We'll try to naildown a location for the first meeting next week. We'll need to try a few different locations so that reponse can be increased. Its a little bit of a drive for a few people to drive out to Wakulla County so we will work on meeting around Leon County also. TnT Hidaway has a great location unfortunatly its a bit of a drive for people with interest from the North side of town. We'll iron out all of these issues as we move forward, but for now we just need to get moving. Again thanks to everyone for their interest, and Ab, WHY didn't you mention the Tarpon while were fishing Saturday? I wanted to hear all about it. Next time.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

TK, Thanks, jsuber, don't hesitate to get Tom Keels and Chalk in on this -if they'll help. They usually will help but don't make any jokes cause Chalk will fall into a sling fest with his "fishing" buddies.
Sometimes they do take about fishing though.
RonHarrison
Site Sponsor

Post by RonHarrison »

Count me in...
Ron Harrison
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 Hobie Outback Rigging Photo Album @ http://www.nettally.com/rharri/riggingredirect.htm .
abcarias

Post by abcarias »

jsuber wrote: and Ab, WHY didn't you mention the Tarpon while were fishing Saturday? I wanted to hear all about it. Next time.
I was afraid you would drown me if I didnt tell where :smt005

I went back yesterday for several hours and nada :smt010
¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Check out the new Avatar...I hear this club's membership is on the rise :-D
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

MudDucker wrote:Check out the new Avatar...I hear this club's membership is on the rise :-D
You can change the avatar...Chalk
CrippleDog

Post by CrippleDog »

Sounds like a great idea to me too.
If we can keep the meeting in TLH, it sure would make it a lot easier to attend
CrippleDog
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Chalk wrote:
MudDucker wrote:Check out the new Avatar...I hear this club's membership is on the rise :-D
You can change the avatar...Chalk
racist :o :lol: