Here's a dadgum report!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Here's a dadgum report!

Post by trout fisher »

I report NOTHING!! Hit the flats at Econfina at 12:15. Went to 3.5 & 4.5 ft. Used cajun thunder and assorted grubs. Nothing. Swam a mirrolure for-dang-ever. Nothing. Redfin. Nothing. Bounced grubs off bottom. Nothing. Went back to the river. Shrimp on bottom. Nothing. Shrimp under the cajun. Nothing. Topdog. Nothing. Loaded the boat and went to the Aucilla. Shrimp on bottom. Nothing. Under the cajun. Nothing. Snatchhook. Nothing. Haven't figured out what to do with all my nothings. Can't possibly eat 'em all in one setting. :evil:

trout fisher(not catcher)
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

How long does it take to skin a nothing?

Are the best fried at 350 or 400 degrees? :lick:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Hate to hear that TF. I figure they're in transition and don't know what to do or where to be.
What was I supposed to do today?
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Bummer. I hates catchin a bunch of nothings. Better luck next time..
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

That's why I've been Bass fishin :o At least I know were they SHOULD be :lol: Tin, all 8 of the Bass from this last weekend had roe in em :o
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
reefraider

Post by reefraider »

TF,
You needed some of my grubs.. If you would have told me that you were going fishing the next day after we talked, I would have went and got you some right away..
Better luck next time..
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Talked to a guide at Econ yesterday. He said it's been tough for him as well. Guess it's tough everywhere. A buddy of mine says he's getting good reports from over near Keaton. Don't know that area at all. May have to give it a try. Freezer's empty. TD, it's best to go ahead and "smoke" the grease. Nothing tastes better in burnt grease. :P
dewyafish

Post by dewyafish »

Them nothings are real good if you got hushpuppies and cheese grits to go with them :lol:
Had my mouth set for a few mullets.
It's a small world, unless you had to paint it.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

I'm just glad someone went fishing!!! Them Nothings are hard to clean, kinda like jelly fish :wink: ....Next time try trolling your dip net TF :D We might slide down this weekend....Chalk
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

To add insult to injury, a friend of mine from Valdosta and a buddy of his put in the Aucilla early Tues. morning, strolled past all the boats(damn Ga. boys!) and set out the anchor. They left at lunch with a limit. Shrimp on bottom. Go figure. :-?
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

TF.......sounds like you need to stick to making sauce right now if nothing is all you can catch right now.......... :o
Tight Lines @ Screaming Reels