Mashy Sands 10/14/06 Cobia

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DuctTapeKing

Mashy Sands 10/14/06 Cobia

Post by DuctTapeKing »

The front moved through the night before. My buddies were all thinking this day would be like the one prior. I have seen these blue bird skies and stiff breezy days before. Good looking and feeling day...but they have never produced much. Funny thing you could see the moon in the sky until about 1:00pm. That was good because we didn't have many fish to look at. High tide was just before sunrise. So we went to Chairs creek. After hours of fishing different spots we only had a couple of pup reds and a couple of small flounder and that was it. We went in at 12:00 to watch some football and take our much needed naps. I told rgharris we should probably go back out late in the day since it will have warmed up and fishing might be better and the tide would be comming up. So at 5:00 pm three of us left the forth to watch some more football and headed to the oyster bars. The first hour nothing, then just as the sun was going down they started to bite. Jason got his first keeper trout 18", then Ryan caught a very small cobia, then we all lost some keep trout. Next as the sun was almost down Ryans poppin cork goes down and his reel starts to sing. After a ten minute fight we boat a just under Cobia. We send him off with smiles on our faces!!!! We now only have a little bit of light left...time for the last cast. Of course my bobber goes down and in comes another keeper trout 18". We had to leave them biting to make the dock before pitch black occured. We get back and see that our crab traps are full, and these guys were big!!! So that night we ate a Mans meal, Fired Red fish, Fried Trout, and boiled crabs. And nothing else...except for some much needed beers. Well there it is I hope the rest of yall did as good. Oh yeah over the oyster bars we used Poppin corks and gulp shrimp to catch all of our fish.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Way to stick with the program DT :thumbup: Sounds like dinner made it all worth while :lick:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Sea Sea Rider

Post by Sea Sea Rider »

Way to go DTK. Love those cobia stories!
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

It looks like you're at home on that stretch of water - good job.
Any bites on your house?
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Good trip and good eats. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »