Lowrance/ Eagle GPS

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Lowrance/ Eagle GPS

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I stopped by the new Bass Pro Shops in Macon on Saturday on the way to the Cup race in Atlanta and had a nice conversation with the rep for Lowrance/Eagle about my unit (500C DF). My unit will not allow you to enter a location with the GPS coordinates (entered position) with the external antenna plugged in. This unit is 2 months old and the display model at the store that did the same thing is brand new as of last Tuesday. The rep finally says that is a software problem and that for $150.00 or so they will either fix it or send me another one. I am a salesman by trade and If told any of my customers that my warranty expired the minute I ran the credit card I wouldn't have any customers left. By the way, every unit the store had did the same &*%#$# thing. So, if you are in the market for a sonar/GPS combo unit my advice would be to buy anything other than a Lowrance/Eagle.

My dad has the same model on his boat and it is at the factory being repaired now because it won't turn off.
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Eagle GPS

Post by Fisherman989 »

I've had an Eagle GPS for about 8 years. It failed once....I sent it in for repair...out of warrenty. They sent me a different one back...one that they had repaired....with all my waypoints gone...for a fixed fee...less than $100. It is still aggravating about those lost waypoints...close to a 100 count. It took me years to gather them.
I found...if you call the company....explain what's wrong....they are nice about fixing the problem. Since this is a new unit you have...they will fix it free...I think.. You have to call them anyway to get authorization to send the unit to them.
My repaired unit has operated flawlessly for several years. :D
GIT-R-WET
Site Sponsor

Re: Eagle GPS

Post by GIT-R-WET »

Fisherman989 wrote:I've had an Eagle GPS for about 8 years. It failed once....I sent it in for repair...out of warrenty. They sent me a different one back...one that they had repaired....with all my waypoints gone...for a fixed fee...less than $100. It is still aggravating about those lost waypoints...close to a 100 count. It took me years to gather them.
Garmin is the only way to go they will save all your waypoints for you if there's a problem.
"LIFE IS GOOD IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS"
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

Get-Er-Wet I've got a Garmin depthfinder and I'll get a Garmin GPS when I change the one I've got. They are good machines.