TROUT Limits

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

TROUT Limits

Post by Sea Dawg »

Has any one heard any more on the Limits of speckle trout going to one as someone was starting last week or was it a big hairy Rumor
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

I ain't heard nothing, but would welcome an improved trout fishery
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Chalk wrote:I ain't heard nothing, but would welcome an improved trout fishery
I agree. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

For the record if you didn't know the rules in South Florida is 4 trout per person and it's closed season is November and December.

I read a post on a Texas Kayak forum that mentioned there was similar debate in Texas on reducing the creel.
Soccerdad

Post by Soccerdad »

In many ways I don't feel as though I deserve an opinion. I've only been fishing for trout and reds for about seven years (and mostly catching dogfish and ladyfish ;-) Also - I don't fish for meat. But I have buddies who do. If it would improve the fishery I think they would all be happy to go down to four. I also wonder if going up to 16 inches would help. The way I figure it, most of what I catch is 14.5 .. if they went up to 16, I would catch a bunch at 15.5 Ya know?
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I think that a closed season in Feb. is the dumbest thing they've done thus far :smt011 why not in May or June when the fish are full of roe "that would make to much sense though" :roll: 4 per person is plenty for us close by, but them that have to drive 4 or more hours ta catch 4 is gonna cut back on trips :cry: just my opinion though, and we know they don't give a rats a... about that
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

What is one fish going to do, it's been 5 for a long time? I can remember in the late 70 and 80's you could load the boat no problem....I can also remember the late 80's when you would leave the dock with ice and come back with water...My opinion is it's a combination of overfishing in the past, to include netting and changes to the environment. Fishing is better, but it can be improved upon.

I also ponder as to whether the fish are still there, maybe some years we are lucky and others the fish are lucky.
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

wevans wrote:I think that a closed season in Feb. is the dumbest thing they've done thus far :smt011 why not in May or June when the fish are full of roe "that would make to much sense though" :roll: 4 per person is plenty for us close by, but them that have to drive 4 or more hours ta catch 4 is gonna cut back on trips :cry: just my opinion though, and we know they don't give a rats a... about that
I've read a lot of your opinions and they always make sense to me. :beer:

I'm a 5 hour guy, but I do love it down there.
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

The only good thing about the season being closed in February is that its the shortest month of the year :-D .

I agree with wevens, The roe months make better sense. But then the tourist season becomes the issue.
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

It's all about politics.
What was I supposed to do today?
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

Then what is the bag limit and season on politicians? Do you need a special license and what do you do with the meat after you clean them? I hear it is easier to cook a tarpon and tastier too.

that there is funny I don't care who you are.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Soccerdad

Post by Soccerdad »

Politicians don't keep. You need to throw 'em out every November. ;-)
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I have e-mailed FWC with the limit question. As soon as they answer I will post the answer.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

Soccerdad wrote:Politicians don't keep. You need to throw 'em out every November. ;-)
That reminds me;

What do you get when you cross a pig with a politician?

Nothing. There is some things a pig will not do. :smt005
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

wevans wrote:4 per person is plenty for us close by, but them that have to drive 4 or more hours ta catch 4 is gonna cut back on trips :cry:
It don't seem to bother them for "a" grouper or two.
Stay Thirsty My Friends