Lot's of action at Spring Creek

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Derfish

Lot's of action at Spring Creek

Post by Derfish »

My son and I decidede to try Spring Creek for the first time and we were glad we did. We landed over thirty Red pups (none were keeper size but fun just the same) and at least 20 specs, mostly keepers, although we were releasing everything. We fished in the incoming tide just up from the mouth. White gulps with red lead-heads were the ticket. May have to go again today it was so good. This is a good spot for Yakkers because it's a little too sporting (especially at lower tides) for most boaters - lots of rocks.

Go get em!
RonHarrison
Site Sponsor

Post by RonHarrison »

Thanks for the info, Derfish!

So, yakkers, where's the best kayak put-in there?
Ron Harrison
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 Hobie Outback Rigging Photo Album @ http://www.nettally.com/rharri/riggingredirect.htm .
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Nice. :thumbup: on the release.
GULP! free since 1970.
Derfish

Post by Derfish »

I went out with another son again today - he' s 9, and he pulled in a 21" trout. We caught a total of 12 small (15 inches or so) reds and the one trout in about 90 minutes. I saw a couple of others pull in some nice specs and at least a couple of keeper reds. The best place to put in is where Highway 365 dead-ins. There will be a pay for use boat ramp and dock on your left. I have paid the $5 fee even though I am just launching a kayak. I feel it is worth it the convenience, however, there may be a better place.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I was in the area today also. I caught 12 trout up to 20 inches and one red and one flounder. I'll post pictures later. Sounds like ya'll had a good trip too. I have put in at that spot and it is real convenient.
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

:thumbup: Great report(s)