Century Boats

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

grim reeler

Century Boats

Post by grim reeler »

What kind of reputation does Century boats have in general?

I mgiht have an opportunity to pick one up for a good price. I am most interested in anyones experience with the 20+ ft center consoles.

grim
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Don't know about in the past; but, I think they were just bought by the same folks who own Pathfinder, Hewes, and Maverick.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Last I checked that was the Cobia which sold to Maverick, which is made by the same folks. I've been on a couple century's...I like their bay boat line, and have always found them to be priced :thumbup:

Grim Reeler, I don't think they make any with Red Shag carpet just so you know :smt013
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Will_Fish_4_Food wrote:Last I checked that was the Cobia which sold to Maverick, which is made by the same folks.
You're probably right...I just heard something to that effect walking by the TV the other day. :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

You might be right about Century as well, but it wasn't mentioned on the Maverickboats.com forum when they spoke about manufacturing the cobia line :thumbup:
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Yamaha sold Cobia to Maverick (which they moved from Panama City to NC) but, still owns Century.

Century is a good line with a good reputation and they do build a nice bay boat. :wink:
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

Will_Fish_4_Food wrote:Grim Reeler, I don't think they make any with Red Shag carpet just so you know :smt013
2 words....... After Market

Its not shag, and I prefer to call it "fish slayer garnet".

J@ck@ss! :evil:

You know its sexy.

:smt004
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Century Boats

Post by Reel Cowboy »

A friend of mine used to be Century dealer in VA and says he sold more Century boats to repeat buyers than anything else. But alas, he had some family health problems and went to work for his grandfather's (now his and his uncle's) company.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"