Lake Jackson

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

basstired
Site Sponsor

Lake Jackson

Post by basstired »

New to site, wasn't able to get to the coast and try to find some of these reds you keep talking about. After the rain, I decide to put on the divers boots and do a little wading at Millers landing. The water is up since the rains. I fished the fast toad in the overflow shallows. Missed blow-ups on the first two cast. It's hard to stay calm, when a bass mugs your toad, too quick on the draw. Word got around that it wernt no real toad and that was it. Some of these fish are leaning towards pre-spawn patterns because of the warm days.
Got out to waist deep despite the shrinkage and put on the reliable fat Senko. Caught a two lb-der. I was fishing with a 7ft extra light rod and flinging that Senko about a half of football field with the wind. A few casts later, one took it on the fall. I reeled in the slack and got a good hook set, knew I was into something good, 5 plus. This rod, I bought from Bass p, ten dollar off sale. Good blank but the set up only has two little brass rings to cinch down the reel. I was fighting this fish and the weeds, he even made my drag sing, and then the reel came off the rod on the back end. By the time I tighten that back up, she had me over, under, around and through. I gave her a little loose line and then brought her into the clear. she jumped and spit the worm in my face, good fish.
It didn't seem so cold after that but the sun was half way touching the trees by then and I noticed my hands shaking. Spring was over for the day. basstired
Wanted: Cute gal who loves to fish:
Send picture of boat
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Welcome, basstired.

Yep. It's about time to chase those bass in the shallows. I don't know that I would be willing to wade, yet.

Glad ya got out there. Keep the reports coming. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Welcome BT. Glad to have you. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nice report...welcome aboard :thumbup: :thumbup:
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

Ive have been hearing some good stuff about jackson again...thanks for the report and welcome :thumbup: