St. George Island 03/24-25

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eat_mo_crawfish

St. George Island 03/24-25

Post by eat_mo_crawfish »

Spent the weekend down at the beach, the weather was perfect North Florida springtime. Had to do some house stuff and run some errands, so I couldn't fish as much as I would've like to, but I did manage to wet a couple of lines both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I caught only whiting, but they were really good size (for whiting). Sunday I caught the first pompano of the year, nice one 14" at the fork. Talked to another fella who fished all day and caught two pomps. They should be moving in thick in the next couple of weeks. I caught all my fish on small pieces of shrimp on #4 hooks on a gulf rig with a 2 oz or 1 oz pyramid sinker (depending on the wind/waves), the other guy was using sand fleas on a #4 rigged with a sliding egg sinker (looked to be 3/4 - 1 oz).

The fishing was really at the mercy of the porpoises. The pods were moving up and down the beach, very active, tail-slapping, and full breaches.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Sounds promising. Headed that way next week.