yak fishing

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

basstired
Site Sponsor

yak fishing

Post by basstired »

I've been kayak fishing for about a year now. My girl friend wanted to get back to nature so without much study on it, I bought a big tandem sot made by Pelican. It's the big orange one against the wall in Sports Authority.
The pro's: you can throw it in the truck and go with it. I can get the urge to fish and be gone in a half hour. You can put in just about anywhere and get right down in the weeds with the fish. It's great exercise when your paddling home against an out going tide and the wind. be vigilant of that. Keep one around, there are plenty of places no one fishes because they can't get to them. I've been out in lake Jackson where boats haven't been in years, throwing a weedless frog or jigging the holes down in the coontail.
The Con's, if you are in fresh water, after three hours of sitting down you'll have to use your paddle to push yourself out of the thing. The good thing about the flats is that there is usually a bar around to get out on and stretch and fish. Casting is different, you can't look down and around at your surroundings. Fishing at water level gets old too me after a while. It's a great economical way to get off the shore.
Can you add anything Jeff?
Wanted: Cute gal who loves to fish:
Send picture of boat
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Yes, come to the meeting tomorrow night at he Old Mexico Cantina on Apalachee Parkway East of Capital Circle E between 7-9 pm. April 12, 2007.
Last edited by jsuber on April 11th, 2007, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

Today is the 11th, right.

Meeting is Thursday the 12th?????Correct. :roll:
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Yes, sorry I corrected my post. I was just told it was not Thursday. Damn, two more days and a wake up til Carrabelle.