Econfina 3/1/03

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Econfina 3/1/03

Post by seatrout99 »

Well, it was wet but it was fun. It was raining so hard at daylight, we went to Perry to eat a nice breakfast at Pouncy's. Came back and dropped the boats in the water during a break in the rain. Fished around and in showers and heavy fog most of the day. You know it's foggy when your fishing the same drift and have to use a VHF and GPS to know where the other boat is. Boated about twenty-five trout from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM with four keepers from 15 1/2 to 17 1/2. Threw back at least 10 that were 14+ but not 15. They will all be keepers by April. Fish are on the flats. It will be interesting to see what all this fresh water does to them. Probably will push them out to some saltier water. But it damn sure beat sitting at the house.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

At least you got to go. I went to the boat show today, some nice rigs out there.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

st99, was that you at Econfina? I couldn't see ya. :lol:
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

I was the one with the running lights that actually worked. :wink: :D Of course, my radio was a little shotty. Time to upgrade the VHF, I think.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

A good VHF makes all the difference in the world. Gotta be able to eaves drop on what's goin on! :D
What was I supposed to do today?
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

For the first time ever, my depth finder was interferring with my VHF. Never had it happen before. Don't not what changed since last fall. I haven't rewired anything.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Check the ground wire on both of em :D A loose or caroded connection will play hell on everything :o
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Also, check your battery voltage. If your battery is low and you key the radio, it lowers the voltage to the bottom treader and drives it nuts.
What was I supposed to do today?