Aucilla 5/19/07

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

caseycook

Aucilla 5/19/07

Post by caseycook »

Had the opportunity to fish with two forum members yesterday morning, snatch-n-reel (Pat), and the man, the myth, the legend - Jumptrout51. We got to the ramp around 6:15 and ran out Sulphur Creek to the first spot. We threw topwater lures, stickbaits, and soft plastics, but couldn't get anything to really bite. We caught one 17" trout and a 21" red in Spot 1.
We moved over to some nearby rocks and JT51 missed a big trout and we caught two border-line keepers on the first drift. We then ran up into the Pinhook and worked our way back out and picked up a couple reds. At one point, JT51 grunts and sets the hook and his rod bends over pretty good. The fight was on. Me and SNR turned to see what he had on the end of his line...a stingray. After a few smart-ass comments, the stingray was released unharmed. We had to convince JT51 not to keep his trophy. As we drifted past the mouth of the Pinhook, we saw some fish feeding in some shallow water and Pat fired his Ty Smith Special over towards the fish and "bzzzzzz", his drag started singing. Pat said, "OH man, this is a 40 inch redfish." After a good 10 minute fight, Pat brought his "40 inch redfish" to the boat which was actually a big Jack.
We then moved out to deeper water and passed Sir Reel on our drift. We caught a bunch more fish, but all of the trout were border-line keepers. We did catch some nice rock bass. At the end of the day, we had four keeper trout to 18.5" and our limit of Redfish at 24", 22", 21", and three rockbass.

It was a slow fishing day, but the company was great. The highlight of the day was running WOT up the Aucilla to the ramp with my azz puckered the whole way because JT51 said he knew the "channel". Luckily, we avoided all the rocks and the lower unit of my motor does not need to be replaced.

Steve and Pat, thanks for an enjoyable day...hope to do it again soon.

CC

First red of the day

This man is wanted in 7 different states.

Snatch-n-reel with a nice red

Another keeper red

SNR fights a nice one...could it be the elusive 40 inch redfish?

SNR's big jack

Last red of the day
Boom goes the dynamite.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

He may be wanted in 7 states but I don't think Georgia is one of them.

You know how you read the side effects of some of those medications and it seems worse than the disease?

From what I understand that is kind of like fishing with j.t.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Good day :thumbup: Casey, is that a 176c or 276c you have for a gps??
Stay Thirsty My Friends
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

Ty Smith Rig for future reference= TSR
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Nice report.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Nice report. Sounds like you guys had a good day. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Looks like a solid day guys. Casey, you actually believed him when he told you he knew where the channel was? You live dangerous. :wink:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

Good trip Casey...Looks like JT likes them reds too :lol:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Casey, you didn't get the full Jumptrout experience if he didn't dump your boat on top of the Aucilla ramp. :smt009
GULP! free since 1970.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

birddog wrote:Casey, you didn't get the full Jumptrout experience if he didn't dump your boat on top of the Aucilla ramp. :smt009
He almost got it. :roll:
I loaded his boat after he backed the trailer down. We only had to pick it up and re-position it on the trailer. :oops: I did notice he got to the ramp 20 minutes ahead of when he told me to be there. :smt009
The boat was already in the water. :smt013
No harm no foul. :lol:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:lol: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

Good day Casey, is that a 176c or 276c you have for a gps??

276c...and I love it. It's well worth the money.
Boom goes the dynamite.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nice trip Casey...I don't see any fish pics of Lucktrout51, you need to show him how to catch some fish :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:
RD
Site Sponsor

Post by RD »

Eerman wrote:Looks like a solid day guys. Casey, you actually believed him when he told you he knew where the channel was? You live dangerous. :wink:
Those rocks will move around on you down there :roll: I think those Ga. boys hit em and roll em, 8)
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Hey, Casey. Remember where I told you we should have gone down east?
Well, that's where the fish are. :cry:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?