Econfina 3-14

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Econfina 3-14

Post by Chalk »

Myself and CSMarine launched around 7:00 this morning, river was swift to say the least, I think someone said low tides would not be to bad, well it was bad, my boat doesn't draft much and we had to crawl out..Headed east looking for the magical 3-4 foot water....Ended up catching trout from the bank to 3-4 foot, I think we had the limit by lunch, had 3-4 19 inchers, I put CSMarine on a nice 25" trout (he thinks it was 30") :lol: All in All a nice day, no rain, weather man blew it....Probably landed 40 plus fish....Great times, Great Fishing and Great First time trip with CSMarine, hope it won't be the last :D

CSMarine 1,2,3,5 :wink: ...Chalk... almost forgot, trout were jumping every where :o , funny thing they had strips :wink:
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Thanks for the report, heading out of St. Marks tomorrow, hope the last weather report is true, light rain.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Nice catch, can't wait to get out there next w/e.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

What you mean 25" trout. :x I swear to all of you it was a 30" trout 8) Chalk did put me on that 30" trout, but he was front ending me so bad I was having to drag my lure behind the boat, kinda like trolling I guess. That ole trout had to run pretty hard to catch up to us. :wink: Boys if you ain't been fishing with Chalk yet, set you up a trip, he's a great fishing partner. I felt bad about the two Spanish Macs. I caught in addition to the 30" Trout, But Chalk did point me at them. Water clearity didn't seem to matter, we caught them in all flavors. Depth did seem to matter, anything over 4' and we would lose the fish. Tried my old stand-by Pin fish tail under a CT, caught one keeper. Tried assorted top water, nothing. Plastics of all colors, makes and brands caught fish at one time or another during the day. You could not stay with one color long. Limited at 11:30. After we boxed our ten trout, we probably threw back at least another ten keepers as well as many, many 13-14 inch trout.
By the way, Chalk took a picture of that 30" trout, but we may never see it.
Semper Fi
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Good job fellas! Sittin' here debating about tomorrow. :(
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Good report. Sounds like a good day of fishing, as well as a possible new fishin team. Thats what I'm talkin bout! :)
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

30 inches :o That yellow and black striped beetle spin always catches the big ones :lol: IF anyone sees the rest of my skeg, please pick it up for me :x....Picture :-? What picture :lol: :lol:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Chalk, I see what your saying about the possible error in counting. I do admit my counting is different than most. I spent so many years in the Corps that I sometimes "Count by Twos" but I measure fish like a civilian. He was 30", just ask my wife. :wink: And to think, out of the goodness of my heart, I let you have one of the two Macs I caught. Then you treat me this way in public. :cry: I wasn't going to mention the skeg on your motor, but that's how low it was. Chalk has been fishing Econfina with his dad since he was 10 years old. Yesterday was his birthday, Icky was just reminding him how you never stop learning on the Gulf.
Semper Fi
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

30in trout...WOW :o You sure you got them counting skills down. :D Nice trip...
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Lord. I'm surrounded :roll: Sure I do, I've been counting, going on one or three years now.
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Here it is boyz, the 30" inch trout (notice the hand tugging on the gill plate) :lol: :lol:

The captain 8)

Some pics from the famous Redneck slam: :o

Pops

The loot

Good fishing, Good Friends, Good Life...Chalk
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

I told Ya'll. Ain't that a nice Trout. :lol: I'm tugging on the gills cause a big Trout like that can take a hand plumb off if he gets a chance. Just remember Chalk. "There are things you can never learn, except by living a long time." :wink:
Semper Fi
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

CSMarine wrote:I'm tugging on the gills cause a big Trout like that can take a hand plumb off if he gets a chance.
That must be one of them Trout-A-Cuda fishes.. :lol: