3/16/03 PERFECT DAY

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CBASS_UGA

3/16/03 PERFECT DAY

Post by CBASS_UGA »

GENTLEMAN, HAVE I GOT A STORY FOR YAU'LL. GOT UP AT 5AM, WENT TO THE TURKEY WOODS IN NORTH FLORIDA. WE WERE BACK IN THE TRUCK AT 9AM WITH 3 BIG GOBBLERS. WENT HOME GOT THE BOAT AND WE WERE ON THE WATER AT KEATON AT 12PM. WE WERE THROWING TOPWATER AND BIG 5" BASS ASSASIN SEA SHADS. EVERY FISH WE CAUGHT WAS OVER 14". I'VE NEVER SEEN TROUT SKYROCKET ON TOPWATER LIKE THESE DID. IT WAS AWESOME! WE STAYED AWAY FROM THE CROWD WHO WAS OUT IN 6-8' WE FISHED IN THE 3-5' THE WATER WAS STAINED BLOOD RED, BUT THE TROUT WERE THICK IN THERE. BIGGEST WE BOATED WAS 24" BUT I LOST ONE AT THE BOAT THAT WE AGREED WAS AN EASY 27-28" :x CAUGHT THE LIMIT REAL QUICK BUT WE STAYED A WHILE JUST "PRACTICING" THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING A REPORT, SO I HOPE I'VE MADE A GOOD IMPRESSION. THAT MY FRIENDS WAS A PERFECT DAY
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Wow, TNT (Turkey N’ Trout) Slam….Welcome Aboard! Great catch, CBASS_UGA! Hey CSMarine we could have stopped and got that raccoon and had a CNT Slam (Coon N’ Trout) :lol:
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Great report, what a day. I'm trying closer in next time.
Welcome.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

welcome aboard CBASS. Sounds like a good day over all. Keaton has some big Specks, just got to know how to find them. Most of the time there, go in the other dirrection of the crowds to catch the hogs. Headed there this weekend. CHALK, Coon, Trout & swamp cabbage, sounds like a Aucilla River Thanksgiving to me. :lick:
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Aucilla Thanksgiving :lick: Some tanic water tea and some pickled gar, yum, yum :D....I think that coon was looking for a fight or was looking for love, either way, I think we would have lost :lol: :lol:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

CHALK that coon was giving me the most dirty look I've ever gotten from a coon. If it was love he was after, it was you he wanted. Thought I saw him wink at you as we passed. :wink:
Semper Fi
CBASS_UGA

Post by CBASS_UGA »

Hey guys, what is this fishbites stuff i see mentioned in here? if it ain't to big a secret, please enlighten me. Thanks, Cbass
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Click on the banner when you see it at the top of the page or go here...

http://www.fishbites.com
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Flats & Grubs

CBASS_UGA

Post by Flats & Grubs »

Sounds like a great day all around, today was my first report on here also. I was probably one of those boats out in deeper water. We just seemed to have better luck in 6' to 7' water with the Cajun Thunders.

HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS !

Flats & Grubs (a.k.a. Flint River Dawg)