St. Marks 6-16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

redfisher2424

St. Marks 6-16

Post by redfisher2424 »

Left out early this morning from the lighthouse and headed east. Brought the kids this weekend for their first fishing trip on the boat. Started out in about 8'of water and started a drift. Nothing but short trout but my oldest daughter breaks in her Zebco 33 with some small trout. With not much going on headed in shallow near the rock garden for some reds. No luck their either but the kids are reeling in short trout and I begin to realize I'm the guide on this trip and set the rod down to fully help the kids. They had a blast and we eventually pulled in a 16 inch trout. The bite was slow for most of the morning until about 11am when it picked up real good. My youngest wanted a big fish so bad, so I picked up the rod and started jiggin. Finally got a nice one on and handed the rod to her. She got it all the way to the boat when it just came unglued. It was at least 18 inch and the look on her face was of total disappointment. By this time it was getting hot and I decided to call it and head to the hill. Not a bad day for my first father-daughter trip. The thanks I got all the way home from them two little girls was worth not having but one fish in the cooler.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

At A Boy!! Now thats the way to get Fathers day started!! :thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

Great report. :thumbup:
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Good job. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

They'll never forget even when you do. My kids keep reminding me of those special days.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Those two little girls will never forget that trip. Time well spent. :thumbup: :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
FishlessWonder

Post by FishlessWonder »

Nothing better than that pink cheek sugar when you put'um to bed after a day of fun in the sun! Enjoy, they grow up too fast. Mine is a senior in high school this coming year and you couldn't get her picture to go fishing now a days.
Blind in one eye & can't see out of the other!
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

Great day with the kids :thumbup:
flatpicker
Site Sponsor

Post by flatpicker »

A great way to spend Father's day weekend. :thumbup: Thanks for reporting!
Derfish

Post by Derfish »

One of our most important jobs as parents is making memories for our children. Nice one.
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
reel therapy
Site Sponsor

Post by reel therapy »

What a way to spend Father's Day weekend. :thumbup
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

:thumbup: A very special day, Dad...you'll stay #1 in their book = outstanding!!! :smt007
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.